Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2012, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscraper1 View Post
I don't know about the Grasshopper. The Toro vac works well but, dos'nt last as long as the Hustler. The Hustler vac is built to last.

Glad to know you have had good experiences with Hustlers. Their new 3 bag unit looks good aside from the blower unit. Grasshoppers have got my attention as the blower looks killer and their hopper capacity is almost double most mfg's.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
Glad to know you have had good experiences with Hustlers. Their new 3 bag unit looks good aside from the blower unit. Grasshoppers have got my attention as the blower looks killer and their hopper capacity is almost double most mfg's.
If you look at my equip pic, you will see the Protero hopper. It holds 14 bushels of grass. It's also out of the way so you can park another mower under it. It's worked out real well with the Hustler vac.

Grass hopper is one mower I never had been able to try. We don't have any dealers for them in our area. Have never seen one on a trailer yet.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
If you look at my equip pic, you will see the Protero hopper. It holds 14 bushels of grass. It's also out of the way so you can park another mower under it. It's worked out real well with the Hustler vac.

Grass hopper is one mower I never had been able to try. We don't have any dealers for them in our area. Have never seen one on a trailer yet.

Yeah my closest dealer is about 20 miles north (not the direction I work in). With the fleet you have I can imagine dealer support is huge. Ive spent a little time on a friends diesel model and it cut real well (side discharge). With 26 bushels and a folding deck they have my attention. They aren't yellow though....lol Id love to see some of those bagged lawns
Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah my closest dealer is about 20 miles north (not the direction I work in). With the fleet you have I can imagine dealer support is huge. Ive spent a little time on a friends diesel model and it cut real well (side discharge). With 26 bushels and a folding deck they have my attention. They aren't yellow though....lol Id love to see some of those bagged lawns
To be honest, my dealer support s**ks, big time. As I mentioned earlier, All of my repairs are done in house, unless it's a warrenty issue. Even then we usually fix it ourselves. I can tell you many stories of dealer's FUs throughout the years. That is a big pet pev of mine. I can tell you honestly, that I can repair mowers better than most of these dealers. I also carry much more parts than they do. I have yet to get one needed part off the dealer's shelf, everything needs to be ordered. Even belts!!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
To be honest, my dealer support s**ks, big time. As I mentioned earlier, All of my repairs are done in house, unless it's a warrenty issue. Even then we usually fix it ourselves. I can tell you many stories of dealer's FUs throughout the years. That is a big pet pev of mine. I can tell you honestly, that I can repair mowers better than most of these dealers. I also carry much more parts than they do. I have yet to get one needed part off the dealer's shelf, everything needs to be ordered. Even belts!!!!

Thats a bummer, Sounds like you should cut out the middle man and become a dealer as well. The little bit that Ive had to use the dealer it was a PITA, wrong parts or better yet telling me they don't make a part that im standing there with a Part # from the mfg and acting like they are wasting their time putting it in the computer. Then when I pick it up the package was opened and they tried it to see if they were wrong. Im going to see if the dealer close to me can get me a demo with a vac and see what the skinny is on it. Hell you should dangle that fleet pic in front of Grasshopper and I bet they will deliver you a demo...lol
Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Thats a bummer, Sounds like you should cut out the middle man and become a dealer as well. The little bit that Ive had to use the dealer it was a PITA, wrong parts or better yet telling me they don't make a part that im standing there with a Part # from the mfg and acting like they are wasting their time putting it in the computer. Then when I pick it up the package was opened and they tried it to see if they were wrong. Im going to see if the dealer close to me can get me a demo with a vac and see what the skinny is on it. Hell you should dangle that fleet pic in front of Grasshopper and I bet they will deliver you a demo...lol
Funny you say that. I did become a Hustler dealer.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Funny you say that. I did become a Hustler dealer.
Wow! Didn't see that one coming. So your a dealer and still running a good size crew? What made you go with Hustler, even after the poor dealer service you had mentioned. What other brands had you used previous to settling on Hustler and what were the reasons for picking them over the others?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Wow! Didn't see that one coming. So your a dealer and still running a good size crew? What made you go with Hustler, even after the poor dealer service you had mentioned. What other brands had you used previous to settling on Hustler and what were the reasons for picking them over the others?
I'm very low profile as being a dealer goes. As I mentioned on an earlier post, I did have a power equipment sales and service division as part of our Garden Center. After a bunch of B***T, I got out of it.

I had used many brands throughout the years. Ramsoms Bobcat, Bunton, Scag, Encore, Exmark, Toro, Wright, and Walker. Never got a chance to try a Hustler till maybe 7 years ago. I no longer had the equipment business but, a distributor I once used wanted me to try out a new line they picked up, Hustler. I tryed a demo for a few days and liked it. Ended up buying the demo. Saw how smooth it ran and very well built, I loved it amd so did my men. Soon after, I contacted him about who was the local dealer. He said thier wasn't one, so I grabed the line.

I don't advertise or push it much. I am easily able to purchase the minimum every year to stay a dealer and I will sell here or there to friends. It's been a grea mower, the best I ever had by far.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

this thread is awesome! any new pictures or updates?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Member

If you dont mind me asking, how much do you make a week and how much are your expenses week?