Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I was wanting to hear. I really am stuck on the fence. At this point I will go into our echo/stihl/shindaiwa dealer and look at them all. Anyone have the link to that backpack blower comparison chart?
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFLS View Post
My new shindy is heavier on my shoulders and sucks up more gas than the BR600.

One of my 600's died last week. I bought the Shindy to replace it. Dealer said it would blow away the BR600. (he sells both). Now I find it is just enough heavier than the Stihl to bother my shoulders after a couple hours, and really isn't any more powerful. Louder too. Going to be even louder when I do the exhaust mod. Does he just take the restrictive plate out and the screen out? Hard to tell in the video.

I did pick up a short block for my dead BR600 that transplant will happen next rainy day.
I know he takes out the stuff you mentioned, and removes a gasket somewhere. Some of the despcription of doing it is in the posts below his YT demo's, and a lot more of it is in that thread here on LS where he was posting. I'll see if I can find that thread later today.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I think you might be confused here little buddy, the br600 is half as strong as an 802 maybe 1/3 as strong. I am going to go on recond and say the br600 is the weakest blower on the market.
LMAO.......

I'd take a br600 over an 802 any day......
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My BR600 is in for a broken throttle linkage. Over all I have liked it I just am wanting to move away from 4-mix (after dealing with an older 4mix trimmer) and get back to a standard 2 cycle. They just don't last for me...my trimmer is on it's last leg and it was bought in 2010. The blower isn't exactly like it was when new this summer...I think it's lost some of it's power.
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is this narrowed nozzle and Echo item? I don't see it listed on shindy's website.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Is this narrowed nozzle and Echo item? I don't see it listed on shindy's website.
Hi Greyst1, It's right there on their website-
http://www.shindaiwa-usa.com/Product...s/EB802RT.aspx

Notice in the specs where it says round pipe and turbo pipe? Notice too that the specs are just as I mentioned earlier, the round pipe has higher CFM but lower MPH than the turbo tube, and the turbo has lower CFM, but higher MPH than the round tube.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Hi Greyst1, It's right there on their website-
http://www.shindaiwa-usa.com/Product...s/EB802RT.aspx

Notice in the specs where it says round pipe and turbo pipe? Notice too that the specs are just as I mentioned earlier, the round pipe has higher CFM but lower MPH than the turbo tube, and the turbo has lower CFM, but higher MPH than the round tube.
I see, thanks bro.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I see, thanks bro.
Their website could be a little better at explaining that both come with the machine, and that it's not an either/or deal. I wouldn't have known myself maybe if I hadn't handled one, and talked to the dealer long before I ever went to look at them again on their website.

BTW- that was supposed to read "It's right here on their website", not "It's right there on their website" which could be taken as being talked down to. Definately not my intent, so I apologize if it came off that way, but who can ever know for sure when chatting on the net?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Their website could be a little better at explaining that both come with the machine, and that it's not an either/or deal. I wouldn't have known myself maybe if I hadn't handled one, and talked to the dealer long before I ever went to look at them again on their website.

BTW- that was supposed to read "It's right here on their website", not "It's right there on their website" which could be taken as being talked down to. Definately not my intent, so I apologize if it came off that way, but who can ever know for sure when chatting on the net?
No worries, i didn't take that way. So you are saying they come with the blower? My bro and i bought two last year and neither us received two tubes.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
No worries, i didn't take that way. So you are saying they come with the blower? My bro and i bought two last year and neither us received two tubes.
Yea, all of them that I have looked at in person in the last year have had both tubes. One is normally mounted on the machine, but the other is usually kept with the boxes that the blowers come to the dealer in. You just have to make sure to ask the dealer for both. The place I go to that carries them has them stashed away in back to keep them from magically disappearing.