Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-23-2012, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Well I'm excited. Even though we've had three days of rain and they're showing a chance of rain for the next seven days, my 460 just came in at the dealership. Depending on weather (weather I can cut or not due to rain) I may be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. Then it's shorter deck bolts, full coat of wax, install accessories, and I'm good to go. Just missed the Gravely picture competition buy a couple days!
Congrats again! We have had rain on and off here for the last three weeks. The X-Factor has performed great in wet conditions. I will be doing another update soon as my hours are racking up and Im getting a good feel for my 452.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABBERS View Post
I ran the 27 hp on the 260 and it had plenty of power. I got .64 gph running the 27 hp I checked. I would think 27 is enough for a 66 inch deck. Another thing is there should be more motor selections offered with the gravely.
A diesel unit would be nice!! I would look at the Gravely 400 series a little more if they did.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper8870 View Post
A diesel unit would be nice!! I would look at the Gravely 400 series a little more if they did.
I'm sure they will adventualy incorporate a diesel model into their line up. Gravely has been listening to consumers an really making some great mowers lately. I wish I ha the money to buy one of those gravely 400 series mowers. They seem really nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2012, 04:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

a 25hp Kubota diesel is already an option. I just don't think the Gravely website has been updated yet. My dealer said he ordered one already too. check this link.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=377853

2011 Gravely 252 26HP
2011 Gravely Pro Walk 36 Hydro 16HP
1 Stihl KM110 with hedge trimmer and edger
2 Stihl FS90 - Stihl HS45
Husky 435 16" - Stihl MS290 18"
Stihl BR600 - Husky BT150 - Stihl BG85
Generac 3100-PSI 2.8-GPM Pressure Washer
Jungle Jim 3TR and 2BH
82"x16' open trailer
2007 F150 FX2 5.4
Lots of Locks!

"It is not hard what we do. It's like anything else in life. Add will power, desire, and the ability to look for solutions...not excuses. Then you will succeed."
Old 05-28-2012, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsmi57 View Post
a 25hp Kubota diesel is already an option. I just don't think the Gravely website has been updated yet. My dealer said he ordered one already too. check this link.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=377853
This is correct. Look here.

http://www.gravely.com/SiteCollectio...ProTurn400.pdf
Old 05-28-2012, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I did find the Kubota Diesel option today. I will be paying a visit to the Gravely dealer real soon!!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not that GMLC isn't doing an awesome job on reviewing the 400 series, because he is, but I started writing a review on the 460 at this thread. Didn't necessarily mean for it to happen this way but you can go to this thread. Hope this further helps someone.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=379728
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

30 Hour Update!

Now that I have over 30 hours on my 452 I would like to update everyone on a few things. I'm now very comfortable with the machine.

I have had no mechanical problems or problems of any sort!(knock on wood) Every time I mow I look forward to getting back on this machine. It truly is a pleasure to mow with. The comfort is unmatched in the industry. IMO this is a better set up than a full suspension mower as the whole machine and deck doesn't bounce or move affecting the quality of cut. Gravely has set the bar for all others!

The center of gravity is very low and the machine sticks to hills. I have shocked myself with some of things I have done. Some by purpose some not!! Traction is very good as well. I run 10-12 psi in the rear tires and the fronts are hybrid run flats which have a really good ride and do not require air. They feel to have about 8 psi to me.

The quality of cut continues to impress me as well as my clients. We have had about 3 weeks of on and off rain and I continue to cut because I can! I do not run the chute as the clipping dispersal is much better with it off. The X-Factor deck does like razor sharp blades and is not very forgiving with dull blades like my velocity decks are. The only stringers I have had were in very fine fescue at near top speed. I just slowed down a bit and the problem was gone. I'm thinking of trying high lift blades to see if there is any difference at top speed mowing.

The Hydro-Gears are super smooth and quite. It really is hard to tear the turf. I have been happy so far! I will be changing the fluid and filters at 75 hours. Im going to go with synthetic.

The Kawi 24hp(27 old rating) has had more than enough power. I did my first oil change at 8 hours and it was very easy. Gravely has installed a drain hose and I made no mess. At 50 hours I will be doing my next oil change and switching to synthetic.

Here are some pictures of my machine that I clean every Sunday and some of the hills I mow. Also just some random pics...
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

More hill pics...
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2012, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Random pics...
Attached Images