Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2012, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice! What's the beverage of choice in the cup holder? Doesn't that effect how straight the striping is?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Looks nice! What's the beverage of choice in the cup holder? Doesn't that effect how straight the striping is?
I was wondering who would see that first! Only on cleaning day! Goose Island IPA.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2012, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The cut of that mower does look great! Gravely should be thanking you, I know of a few guys on here you have convinced to get one including me, if it werent for this thread I wouldnt be demoing one soon.
With lawns that size, do you ever wish you got the 460 instead? I am from almost the same area as you, a little northeast and I have a 52 and most of the time i am wishing I had the 60 inch cut.. Is it something you have tried and not liked it?

PS- I actually recognized one of those properties that you had pictures of only been to that area a couple times but I have most definitely seen it before
2002 F250 supercab 5.4
2005 Exmark 52" Lazer Z HP
2013 Gravely Pro-Turn 460
2004 Exmark Metro 48" Walkbehind
redmax and Husky blowers and trimmers
1990 John Deere small tractor
2012 8.5x18 with a 3' V Enclosed trailer
Old 05-28-2012, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGlandscape View Post
The cut of that mower does look great! Gravely should be thanking you, I know of a few guys on here you have convinced to get one including me, if it werent for this thread I wouldnt be demoing one soon.
With lawns that size, do you ever wish you got the 460 instead? I am from almost the same area as you, a little northeast and I have a 52 and most of the time i am wishing I had the 60 inch cut.. Is it something you have tried and not liked it?

PS- I actually recognized one of those properties that you had pictures of only been to that area a couple times but I have most definitely seen it before
Honestly I do want a 460 but my trailers are 6x12 enclosed so I cant fit a 60. When I upgrade my trailers I will get 7x14 or 7x16 to fit a 60" ZTR and a walkbehind.

Over 90% of my accounts are in Amherst, New Boston and Bedford. I try to keep everything within a 15 mile radius. Let me know if you are in the area and want to try my mower or check it out.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I spotted the brew right off too, but obviously I wasn't first to see your post and mention it. (It didn't take mtnmower long to spot it, so maybe that's why he was having such a hard time deciding on which mower to buy )

GMLC-
I noticed in several of your pics that there is a much more distinct/pronounced edge between opposing stripes on the discharge chute side of the deck. Have you checked the side to side level recently? I mention that because on one of my mowers, when I hang the power bagger blower off it, it tends to dip slightly from the added weight and leave more pronounced markings between stripes at the opposite side of the deck.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I spotted the brew right off too, but obviously I wasn't first to see your post and mention it. (It didn't take mtnmower long to spot it, so maybe that's why he was having such a hard time deciding on which mower to buy )

GMLC-
I noticed in several of your pics that there is a much more distinct/pronounced edge between opposing stripes on the discharge chute side of the deck. Have you checked the side to side level recently? I mention that because on one of my mowers, when I hang the power bagger blower off it, it tends to dip slightly from the added weight and leave more pronounced markings between stripes at the opposite side of the deck.
I will have to check it. I wonder if those pics were when I still had my weight kit on for the bagger? Which has two weights on one side.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-28-2012, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I see it the most in pictures 8,10,11, and the 3rd from the last picture. Some of the others don't look that way at all, so maybe that was the problem there as you mentioned?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The dipping could be caused by the added weight of the bottle in the cup holder. If drank it may correct things. Or maybe it actually needs a full bottle in the cup holder at all times to keep it level. Perfect name for the next micro brew "G460" bottled by Gravely of course. When opened smells like fresh cut grass and sunshine! At the bottom of the bottle label below the pic of a... wait for it... 460, it would state something like "Guaranteed to Lay Some Stripes" or "Straighten your Stripes". In the commercial there would be quite a number of nice looking lasses standing around guys on Exmarks, John Deeres, Hustlers, Bad Boys, Kubotas, Scags, etc. doing their thing but when the hot red 460 pulls in the yard they all come running as the sprinkler system comes on and then...........
Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
The dipping could be caused by the added weight of the bottle in the cup holder. If drank it may correct things. Or maybe it actually needs a full bottle in the cup holder at all times to keep it level. Perfect name for the next micro brew "G460" bottled by Gravely of course. When opened smells like fresh cut grass and sunshine! At the bottom of the bottle label below the pic of a... wait for it... 460, it would state something like "Guaranteed to Lay Some Stripes" or "Straighten your Stripes". In the commercial there would be quite a number of nice looking lasses standing around guys on Exmarks, John Deeres, Hustlers, Bad Boys, Kubotas, Scags, etc. doing their thing but when the hot red 460 pulls in the yard they all come running as the sprinkler system comes on and then...........
Old 05-29-2012, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Just got back from driving a 460 around the dealers lot and gravel lane. OMG!!!!!!!! I felt absolutely NOTHING. No bumps, no vibration NOTHING! Honest to god it was so smooth it was almost eerie feeling. Felt like I was floating on a cloud. I am sold. Filled out the application and they are going to run it tomorrow morning to see if I can get the 0% for 48 months.

Anybody that has not test driven a 400 series, do yourself a favor and give one a try.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)