Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-31-2012, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the review, been at the gravely dealer today. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet.
PUSH MOWERS LAWN BOY AND TORO PROLINE
All STILH
ENCORE 8HP PUSH BLOWER
VERMEER 630B STUMP GRINDER
Old 04-01-2012, 02:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Someone wanted me to ask Gravely about the 472 with a 31 hp engine. They told me that engine is a beast and has no problem with the 72 inch deck. I did not try one personally.

I don't know if this is apples to apples, but there is another thread for Husqvarna Pzs that a LCO is complaining about the 31 on 75" pz.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...56#post4365256

Procuts Lawn Care toward the end of the thread.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Some goodies!!
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thank you for the great review and the great pics. That is one sweet looking machine. I have been waiting on my dealer to get some in so I can actually see one in person. This is the next best thing. I love my 252 but I think I might actually like a 452 even more.

My experience with Gravely has been the same as you described. A great company that builds and backs up a great mower. It cuts well in all conditions and is WELL built from the ground up. You will love your new 452. Don't expect to be making a bunch of warranty claims either. They were telling the truth

2011 Gravely 252 26HP
2011 Gravely Pro Walk 36 Hydro 16HP
1 Stihl KM110 with hedge trimmer and edger
2 Stihl FS90 - Stihl HS45
Husky 435 16" - Stihl MS290 18"
Stihl BR600 - Husky BT150 - Stihl BG85
Generac 3100-PSI 2.8-GPM Pressure Washer
Jungle Jim 3TR and 2BH
82"x16' open trailer
2007 F150 FX2 5.4
Lots of Locks!

"It is not hard what we do. It's like anything else in life. Add will power, desire, and the ability to look for solutions...not excuses. Then you will succeed."
Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Member

I have owned 4 260z Gravelys and have been satisfied with alll four. Did you notice that grass stuck to the baffle on the discharge of the x factor deck? I am happy to see that they have made the front axle fixed as I always run my 260's in the locked position and have noticed stress cracks on the steel plate that the bolts threads into. The new seat looks great. I am going to trade two mowers this year and will looks at these but my heart is set on the Kubota.
Shindawia 261x
07 Bobcat s250
Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Mowing View Post
I have owned 4 260z Gravelys and have been satisfied with alll four. Did you notice that grass stuck to the baffle on the discharge of the x factor deck? I am happy to see that they have made the front axle fixed as I always run my 260's in the locked position and have noticed stress cracks on the steel plate that the bolts threads into. The new seat looks great. I am going to trade two mowers this year and will looks at these but my heart is set on the Kubota.
I didn't notice any grass stuck under the deck. It stayed completely clean. I will update as I start cutting some wet lush grass up here.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I have been running Scags since 1995(all 52's) and have experience with the whole line up except the cheetah. Also ran a kubota f2000 when I was 18 for a season when I worked for a university mowing 400 acres.

The deck lift was very easy to operate in my opinion. I know the air seat has like 6 inches of travel and you can set it where ever you want. It didnt feel high when I was mowing. Of course I didnt get a chance to mow any hills. But I will give a whole review on hill side stabilityy because we have a lot in NH. The front end did feel a little light. Im ordering mine with a bagger and it comes with a weight kit. Ill update you on that as well. I dont think you would need pneumatic tires because the ride was amazing as is. No real negatives. I did ask questions about the three things that concerned me. The deck, the hydro-gear and the lack of grease fittings. All of which Gravely has had zero complaints with and doesnt anticipate any problems. They have tested all extensively.
Congrats on the new mower GMLC, I have to agree, you looked as happy as a kid at the county fair!

For the best ride, drop the air pressure down (on all 4) to 8-10 lbs and the ride is even better, you (or the mower) won't be shaken near as much on rough ground. I run about 8-9 psi all the way around on my Lightning (which also uses the same tires as the Gravely).

I have run the fronts as low as 6-7 psi but you have to watch about stopping fast, the mower will naturally dip in the front. I also feel like that's running a little too close to the point where the tire could separate from the rim....although it's never happened...but then again, most of my mowing is on flat ground.

My son bought a 252 back in '08 and hasn't had any problems with it. Hope you have the same luck!
Stan
Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I had an transaxle replaced on mine with in the first 50 hours. My gravel dealer was all over the problem getting it resolved and it wasn't a failure but a parking brake issue. I never missed a day mowing they handed me the keys to another mower saying run this one keep on mowing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

hows the air ride seat on that thing?
Old 04-08-2012, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass disaster View Post
hows the air ride seat on that thing?
Very nice. It's fully adjustable to your weight. The seat also has lumbar controls and is rubber mounted. I felt little to no vibration and was able to fly over bumps.
Posted via Mobile Device