Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
GMLC,

With the 52" deck, how much overhang is there on the trim side? I am considering a 452 with the efi kohler. I just want to make sure there is enough overhang past the tires so I can trim with it. I cant tell from the pictures and my dealer doesn't have one in stock. Right now I'm between gravely, bobcat and exmark. My dealer is trying to find out if the fleet deal is extended into 2014. Also the website says you have to spend $12000 and buy at least two units. Did the Z and the bagger count as two units or did you buy something else with it?
You are correct in that our current Fleet Program requires that you purchase two units for a net cost of $12,000. The bagger doesn't count as a unit, but as GMLC suggested, some are purchasing a 21" walk-behind as the second unit. Some of the Ariens snow blowers are also eligible to use for the second unit which might be helpful in your area.

I know your dealer is checking on this, but let me know if you have any other questions I can help with from this end.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
Old 04-23-2014, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I just bought a 2012 452 with 78 hours on it for an amazing price!!! I'm cleaning it up now and will have it for sale shortly. Pics will be up soon!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Why sell it? Why not just keep it for when your current machine is ready to be sold? It seems you could swap the decks easily if you wanted. Are you wanting a different model after the one you are running now goes? Looking forwards to seeing what you bought.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Why sell it? Why not just keep it for when your current machine is ready to be sold? It seems you could swap the decks easily if you wanted. Are you wanting a different model after the one you are running now goes? Looking forwards to seeing what you bought.
Funny thing is I was looking for a used Pro-Stance and just fell into this 452. I'd like to get a Pro Stance or a walkbehind to compliment my 452 or maybe a 460!! Honestly I never thought of swapping decks...Although my machine is still in amazing shape and I plan on getting another 2-3 years out of it.

If I can turn this machine around quickly I will be in good shape to get another machine to start this season!!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It just seems to me that since you have a bagger and the XFII deck now, swapping the II deck over and having a basically new machine that you are familiar with and have the stuff for would be a good way to go. Then you could sell your current machine. But.... I know getting something different has its draw too.

Whatever you get, I know we can count on another great review and lots of good pics!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here she is...Drove to Connecticut to get it.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2014, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like new!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Looks like new!
I know!! I have to think this through...Now is the time to sell if I go in that direction.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Must have been owned by a homeowner? Why else would somebody get rid of it with such little use on it? Sucks that your still not cutting up north. This is only our 2nd week. 50 degrees and 25 to 40mph winds here today. Froze all morning.

I would like to demo a pro stance for a couple days. Never used a stander before. I wonder if Mary could make that happen? My dealer has a 52 sitting out front but I know they wont let anybody demo. I am sure the local rep would have to bring one in. I don't plan on buying right now but our 34Z is getting some hours on it and I might be looking for a new 34 to 36" zero turn or maybe the pro stance 36 if we like it in the next year or so.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)

Last edited by ProStreetCamaro; 04-23-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Must have been owned by a homeowner? Why else would somebody get rid of it with such little use on it? Sucks that your still not cutting up north. This is only our 2nd week. 50 degrees and 25 to 40mph winds here today. Froze all morning.

I would like to demo a pro stance for a couple days. Never used a stander before. I wonder if Mary could make that happen? My dealer has a 52 sitting out front but I know they wont let anybody demo. I am sure the local rep would have to bring one in. I don't plan on buying right now but our 34Z is getting some hours on it and I might be looking for a new 34 to 36" zero turn or maybe the pro stance 36 if we like it in the next year or so.
They take some getting used to if you've never been on one, but I doubt it would take more than a couple weeks to be pretty decent on one. The cut nice, and they fit into many tight areas a Z doesn't. The Pro Stance is a very well made mower. I demo'd the 48", and if I bought one, that would be my choice.