http://www.sourceoneope.com/ezHaulr.html
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Thanks! I'll check it out now.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Cargo-...rts/SC500.html bam!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

something more hefty

Last edited by JCLawn and more; 04-01-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the tailgate ramp I was talking about, I found something similar just by googling "tailgate ramp", here is the link for the first one that came up
http://www.ramps-ramps-ramps.com/pic...ding-ramps.htm

That one is a universal design for most trucks. But you should be able to find the vehicle specific ones that use the existing tailgate hinge and latch catches on the bed with a little time on google. As far as the other ones guys posted that go into your receiver hitch. Check if you can use them. Alot of guys have similar ones for their ride on spreaders. But some police officers up here like to hand out tickets for them because if you are behind them and to the left, the equipment will block the right brake/turn signal. Same as if you are behind and to the right, it will block the left signal. I know a guy who put a set of trailer lights on his and mounted his license plate on it so that it wouldn't be blocked. An officer ticketed him because the plate wasn't properly lighted (even during the day). Also up here you can get ticketed for having objects extending beyond your bumpers.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the tailgate ramp I was talking about, I found something similar just by googling "tailgate ramp", here is the link for the first one that came up
http://www.ramps-ramps-ramps.com/pic...ding-ramps.htm

That one is a universal design for most trucks. But you should be able to find the vehicle specific ones that use the existing tailgate hinge and latch catches on the bed with a little time on google. As far as the other ones guys posted that go into your receiver hitch. Check if you can use them. Alot of guys have similar ones for their ride on spreaders. But some police officers up here like to hand out tickets for them because if you are behind them and to the left, the equipment will block the right brake/turn signal. Same as if you are behind and to the right, it will block the left signal. I know a guy who put a set of trailer lights on his and mounted his license plate on it so that it wouldn't be blocked. An officer ticketed him because the plate wasn't properly lighted (even during the day). Also up here you can get ticketed for having objects extending beyond your bumpers.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, I saw that one but no price or way to order. I'm looking for one that's for sale so I can get an idea on price to see if it's something I want to buy or not. I'll keep looking.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
I was looking at this and unless I'm missing something how does something like this work with something like a Ryan Lawnaire IV which has two wheels in the rear then a single drum up front in the middle? I don't see how these items that all have two ramps with a gap between them would work for something like this.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Well, I was lucky enough to find a decent used Bluebird w/a free trailer that even has room for a mower behind it and a box on the side for tools n such. I've already made some improvements to the trailer and have more planned so I think I'm just going to do this for now unless I decide I want to go back to my other idea. I like the idea of being able to back into the garage, unhitch all the yard stuff and driving away with a 'normal' truck. I dislike lugging a trailer around but I'll get over it. This will do nicely for now and no need to spend any more money. It doesn't look the best but I think it'll be just fine.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsak View Post
I like the idea of being able to back into the garage, unhitch all the yard stuff and driving away with a 'normal' truck.
Thats he biggest benefit of a trailer