Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-04-2012, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Toro Dealers also sell non-commercial homeowner units...right?
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
The dealers in my area do.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whitetail View Post
The dealers in my area do.
which is why I said if it isn't commercial.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro 30

I bought this mower for my wife. She handles the old PETA clients. I was surprised when setting it up. It was much stronger than I thought it would be. She love the machine for the little yards that will not even allow a 32 to fit. Will it hold up? I think as long as none of the boys get a hold of it things will be fine. It does struggle in tall wet grass, but once dry is fine. Just my little experience. I don't care what the cost keeping the gals happy is worth every cent
Old 04-05-2012, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I had every intention of buying one of these until I got my hands on one. It's heavy. Way too heavy to be muscling around any yard.

IMO it's filling a niche that doesn't exist. It's too big, clumsy and heavy to use on any property with any kind of slope or obstructions, ie: beds, trees, etc. If you have a relatively level yard with any size to it you're much better off with some kind of a riding lawn tractor. I'm speaking from the viewpoint of a homeowner that's going to do their own work.

I personally have a 21" commercial lawnboy which cost $800 seven years ago. I use it on all of my smaller properties. It will do things on a difficult yard that the TTM couldn't do in a thousand years. Toro might sell a few of these but I think they've laid a dud. The problems I've mentioned are probably why a similar design wasn't built by another manufacturer twenty years ago.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmland View Post
I bought this mower for my wife. She handles the old PETA clients. I was surprised when setting it up. It was much stronger than I thought it would be. She love the machine for the little yards that will not even allow a 32 to fit. Will it hold up? I think as long as none of the boys get a hold of it things will be fine. It does struggle in tall wet grass, but once dry is fine. Just my little experience. I don't care what the cost keeping the gals happy is worth every cent
I have real mixed feeling about this mower. I'm trying to makes sense out of it. I already a Ybravo 25 and I own a BOP Quickie 32. My wife struggles with both those.mowers. maybe she won't struggle with.the Toro 30....?

Maybe I.should forget about buying this mower.and.tell my wife.to get a regular job.to pay wages for helper who can run what I.already own....?

Being a glutton for punishment I'll probably buy the electric start version for her and see.what.happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
I have real mixed feeling about this mower. I'm trying to makes sense out of it. I already a Ybravo 25 and I own a BOP Quickie 32. My wife struggles with both those.mowers. maybe she won't struggle with.the Toro 30....?

Maybe I.should forget about buying this mower.and.tell my wife.to get a regular job.to pay wages for helper who can run what I.already own....?

Being a glutton for punishment I'll probably buy the electric start version for her and see.what.happens.
Posted via Mobile Device
If your wife can't handle the Ybravo 25 I doubt she will be able to handle a Timemaster 30. I would get her a 21" Toro or Honda.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

no way a woman is going to be able to muscle this thing around .
Old 04-05-2012, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
Get her an all electric mower, nothing lighter than that. What happened to her being Queen of the flowerbeds?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy dan View Post
no way a woman is going to be able to muscle this thing around .
The video of the small stature women leads the world to belive otherwise. 21" mowers are timewasters IMO unless the slope or swell is so extreme a Ybravo 25 won't work.

The Ybravo 25 is a time.waster unless I can't.get by BOP.Quickie 32 to work in.a spot.or.swell. Or it is so.blasted wet I can't mow.with.my Q32.

Fwiw.... despite all the damp.grass hatred towards BOP mowers the 32 can push in the rain to a.point with the right blades. See the 99-127 thread.
Posted via Mobile Device