Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Need some help..Gravely 1548G

My mower isn't getting gas to the carb, any thoughts??

I pulled the fuel filter and emptied the lines, and now the gas won't feed out of the tank. Probably a stupid question, but any advice would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Gravely + top of tank fuel feed = that clear fuel pickup tube connected to the nipple you see going into the top of the tank has either fallen off the nipple or has cracked and is sucking air inside the tank.

Look at my signature. I know allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll about that issue.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

fuel pump could be bad or gas cap vent may be clogged, if it is not the problem with the loose nipple. Let us know what you find. Nice mower I had a 14hp 36 pro 150 that I used a few years ago. Good luck!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have one almost just like it only older and dirtier. I think the filter goes one way. I also think there is a arrow pointing the way the fuel flows ? Just going to throw out some things I would look at. Clamps tight, are the lines kinked, as mentioned is the vent open on the cap. Loosen the cap up some to see if it begins to flow. Do you have a shut off valve in the fuel line. starting at the fuel filter check to see where gas comes out and go to each connection. Is there fuel in the fuel filter. Spray a little starting fluid in carb and try to start. That may get it flowing. Thats about everything I would try. Oh do you have gas in the tank. Have fun with it.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have one almost just like it only older and dirtier. I think the filter goes one way. I also think there is a arrow pointing the way the fuel flows ? Just going to throw out some things I would look at. Clamps tight, are the lines kinked, as mentioned is the vent open on the cap. Loosen the cap up some to see if it begins to flow. Do you have a shut off valve in the fuel line. starting at the fuel filter check to see where gas comes out and go to each connection. Is there fuel in the fuel filter. Spray a little starting fluid in carb and try to start. That may get it flowing. Thats about everything I would try. Oh do you have gas in the tank. Have fun with it.