Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Sponsor

Taking Garden Lighting to the Next Dimension

This last weekend, I had the great pleasure to speak to a group of NH Master Gardeners. It was great to get out of the office and interact with people passionate about the subtleties of garden design. In my preparation and during the discussions a few points came out. You might want to use them in your proposals to homeowners.
  • When you view your gardens in the daytime, ask yourself, "What is the source of the light?" You might think it's the sun, but it's not. The light that enters your eyes are from the leaves, flowers, and stems - they are the sources of the light. They are luminescent. This astonishing fact escapes us during the day, but when the sky and surroundings are dark, the luminescense of the plants is more apparent and inspires a sense of wonder and touches us deeply.
  • Whether we realize it or not, we all develop relationships with the plants that surround us. This goes both ways, we care for the plants and nurture them; in return, the plants reward us with beauty, they inspire us and nourish our souls. When we illuminate our plants at night, we develop a new relationship based on a new set of needs. At night, we need to feel safe and secure; we seek romance and stillness. A successful illumination of plants satisfies these needs. The result is that our overall relationship with plants becomes richer and more fulfilling.
  • Cheap landscape lighting fixtures are like "Annuals"; quality fixtures are like "Perennials".

stevep@voltlighting.com
www.voltlighting.com

Professional Quality at a Great Price
Old 04-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Sponsor

passionate thoughts Steve. I think I might put in a request to use this quote from you in the next AOLP lightlines if that's ok with you
Old 04-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOLP View Post
passionate thoughts Steve. I think I might put in a request to use this quote from you in the next AOLP lightlines if that's ok with you
As you wish.

stevep@voltlighting.com
www.voltlighting.com

Professional Quality at a Great Price