Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

GREEN Commercial clients

Witht eh new product I am going to use this year I am going to try to go after more commercial clients next year or even later this year and REALLY push the GREEN part of my business. I figure my price will be about the same or better then my competition and be able to offer an alternative to fertilizers. I am thinking like day cares, outside dining areas, etc. I think this may be a nice payday for my company.

Any other suggestions on places I should target?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We have a lot of success with customers who are trying to go green, and are able to charge a premium for it. For fert we do not do many organic programs but many customers "green" customers do pesticide free programs or programs without preventative or blanket spraying and just spot treatments as needed. For Irrigation we market water efficient systems and outdoor lighting we market LEDs. A lot of it depends on your market, a big part of my market could care less about going green, while other cities seem to have a Prius in every driveway.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:57 AM
LawnSite Member

GIA- That is what I am thinking with this SumaGreen Turf product. It is a little cheaper in the long run then the fertilizer I am using anyway and the fact that it has no chemicals I think is a big push for the area I am in with the water all around us. I figure I can raise my price by 20% while basically spending less on treatments.

The best part is I can still sell to the regular clients the same thing (product) on their lawn and not have to worry about carrying two different products. The fact I can co-apply it without the worry of changing my sprayers around with the product makes it a lot easier and less time consuming.

Was there anyone on here that changed from chemical fertilizers to Organic (or all natural products? I was wondering what the difference in your charing was and why? I mean did you just raise the price becuase your were now organic or was it becuase it cos more to do. Thanks