Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

2012 YBravo 25

So I've just completed day three with my new 2012 updated Bravo 25. I am very impressed with the build quality and the "commercial" design. It bags awesome. Stuffs the catcher so tight that it's sometimes hard to empty it. (high flow catcher) I cut all day today while it poured rain and it still stuffed the catcher full. It kept on going and bagging where I new my Honda with an Accelerator catcher would get plugged. No dropping of grass clumps like a Honda HRC when you stop cutting. The deck stays very clean. The suction is amazing, you see stuff being drawn towards the deck edges as you cut. It was sucking pine cones today like a shop vac. I put on the mulch blade yesterday for a few properties and it did very well, no complaints with the cut either bagging or mulching. Time will tell as far as any durability concerns or other possible issues.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Niiiiiice!! I cant wait to get my hands on one of these i was thinking about picking up an hrc to replace my tired hi-vac.. But the more i look at the bravo online the more im leaning that way..something that size is exactally what i need. Great to see more positive reviews..this company is going to be a major player if everything keeps working out like i hear.. Good luck with it.. If its not much trouble take some pics of it some lawns after cutting..like to see more.. I need to find a dealer in my area
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2012, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Are the mulching blades from the factory or something aftermarket? If I didn't have a bunch of HRCs and parts machines to back them up I would switch over to the yBravo. Just does not make sense for me right now when I have mowers that work! But trust me these will be the last HRC 21"s I will own for now...ybravo here on out!
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes the mulch blade is from YBravo, I don't know where they get them from. I am fed up with Honda as well, tired of the outrageous parts prices. Up until now the Honda was the only mower that worked well in the rain, which we can get a lot of. As I mentioned earlier the Bravo cuts and bags better than the Honda. However you can't beat the Honda's hydro drive performance. Yeah the drive parts are expensive to repair but it is an excellent system when working. I would like to see how the Bravo 21 inch performs as it is quite a bit lighter than a Honda.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Member

If its not much trouble take some pics of it some lawns after cutting..like to see more..

Finally brought my camera along...
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

subscribe

We mulch more than bag in the south.

What is a good price on these units?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I was super stoked to find out the other day that my HRC Accelerator catcher fits the Bravo 25 like it was made for it!
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2012, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh snap! Accelerator just had on their Facebook page a while back that they were making another run of those catchers, too.

Is the fit good on that Accelerator?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice looking cut and a good looking mower.Wish they had them in the east,just about ready to have one shipped.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritCity_Nick View Post
Oh snap! Accelerator just had on their Facebook page a while back that they were making another run of those catchers, too.

Is the fit good on that Accelerator?
Yes the fit is almost perfect. I couldn't believe my luck when I decided to try it. What a fluke.