Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerman View Post
I was super stoked to find out the other day that my HRC Accelerator catcher fits the Bravo 25 like it was made for it!
Where may I ask, did you get that accelerator catcher? Yeah, I am one of the newbie solo guys on this site. So glad I ran across the YBravo 25" model reviews before picking up a 21". Especially living in a wet area(Portland,OR).

This site is awesome...
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Hiya MillerIn503. I got my Accelerator at my dealers. The company hasn't made them ( Honda model ) for a few years now but there are rumors that they may produce some again. I would get in touch with Accelerator.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
So I've just completed day three with my new 2012 updated Bravo 25. I am very impressed with the build quality and the "commercial" design. It bags awesome. Stuffs the catcher so tight that it's sometimes hard to empty it. (high flow catcher) I cut all day today while it poured rain and it still stuffed the catcher full. It kept on going and bagging where I new my Honda with an Accelerator catcher would get plugged. No dropping of grass clumps like a Honda HRC when you stop cutting. The deck stays very clean. The suction is amazing, you see stuff being drawn towards the deck edges as you cut. It was sucking pine cones today like a shop vac. I put on the mulch blade yesterday for a few properties and it did very well, no complaints with the cut either bagging or mulching. Time will tell as far as any durability concerns or other possible issues.
Hi Greenerman, Are you still happy with the Bravo? I'm down here in Olympia and we currently use Honda commercial mowers. Can you use the Bravo daily like the Honda?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
Hi Greenerman, Are you still happy with the Bravo? I'm down here in Olympia and we currently use Honda commercial mowers. Can you use the Bravo daily like the Honda?
I'm very interested in the Ybravo 25. I don't really need it since I have a few 21 inchers and mainly use a 36in walk behind or a 52in zero turn but I've heard the Ybravo mowers cut great when wet and for them days when I normally call it a day because of afternoon thunderstorms the Ybravo could be the ticket to still be able to cut.

Its definitely meant for commercial use and I'm sure it could handle daily use. Also the 25 inch model will more than likely have a Kawasaki engine option available in May or June of this year I was told.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
So I've just completed day three with my new 2012 updated Bravo 25. I am very impressed with the build quality and the "commercial" design. It bags awesome. Stuffs the catcher so tight that it's sometimes hard to empty it. (high flow catcher) I cut all day today while it poured rain and it still stuffed the catcher full. It kept on going and bagging where I new my Honda with an Accelerator catcher would get plugged. No dropping of grass clumps like a Honda HRC when you stop cutting. The deck stays very clean. The suction is amazing, you see stuff being drawn towards the deck edges as you cut. It was sucking pine cones today like a shop vac. I put on the mulch blade yesterday for a few properties and it did very well, no complaints with the cut either bagging or mulching. Time will tell as far as any durability concerns or other possible issues.
Mr. greenerman are you still with us. If so, how has that Bravo 25 worked out the last two years. Should we consider it a better mower than the Honda.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't heard much about these lately. Any updates?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oqueoque View Post
Mr. greenerman are you still with us. If so, how has that Bravo 25 worked out the last two years. Should we consider it a better mower than the Honda.
What I have seen of the cut quality [maybe most here run dull blades...?] and general grouse factor about them I would not own a HRC 21.

My yBravo25 will leave a nicer cut. I absolutely love running an OREGON® G6 on mine. Even a G3 blade works pretty well even with mulch plug. Factory mulch blade is lower lift
. If you have the (2) bolt spindle you will need to drill the blade. Be prepared to ruin many drill bits. I have 5/8's spindle and you Flat out need to ditch the shortish factory bolt with a much longer one.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How difficult is it to get parts for these or to have them serviced? The dealer close to me is not close. A couple hours drive. Does this company make other equipment? I would be worried about them going out of business and not being able to get parts. These mowers are not common around me. I never saw one being used.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Order parts on the Co. Website.
Posted via Mobile Device