Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
MillerIn503's Avatar
MillerIn503 MillerIn503 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerman View Post
I was super stoked to find out the other day that my HRC Accelerator catcher fits the Bravo 25 like it was made for it!
Where may I ask, did you get that accelerator catcher? Yeah, I am one of the newbie solo guys on this site. So glad I ran across the YBravo 25" model reviews before picking up a 21". Especially living in a wet area(Portland,OR).

This site is awesome...
__________________
Failure To Prepare Is Preparing To Fail
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM
greenerman's Avatar
greenerman greenerman is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 116
Hiya MillerIn503. I got my Accelerator at my dealers. The company hasn't made them ( Honda model ) for a few years now but there are rumors that they may produce some again. I would get in touch with Accelerator.
__________________
No Yard is too Hard!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 PM
JFGLN's Avatar
JFGLN JFGLN is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerman View Post
So I've just completed day three with my new 2012 updated Bravo 25. I am very impressed with the build quality and the "commercial" design. It bags awesome. Stuffs the catcher so tight that it's sometimes hard to empty it. (high flow catcher) I cut all day today while it poured rain and it still stuffed the catcher full. It kept on going and bagging where I new my Honda with an Accelerator catcher would get plugged. No dropping of grass clumps like a Honda HRC when you stop cutting. The deck stays very clean. The suction is amazing, you see stuff being drawn towards the deck edges as you cut. It was sucking pine cones today like a shop vac. I put on the mulch blade yesterday for a few properties and it did very well, no complaints with the cut either bagging or mulching. Time will tell as far as any durability concerns or other possible issues.
Hi Greenerman, Are you still happy with the Bravo? I'm down here in Olympia and we currently use Honda commercial mowers. Can you use the Bravo daily like the Honda?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 AM
smallstripesnc smallstripesnc is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
Hi Greenerman, Are you still happy with the Bravo? I'm down here in Olympia and we currently use Honda commercial mowers. Can you use the Bravo daily like the Honda?
I'm very interested in the Ybravo 25. I don't really need it since I have a few 21 inchers and mainly use a 36in walk behind or a 52in zero turn but I've heard the Ybravo mowers cut great when wet and for them days when I normally call it a day because of afternoon thunderstorms the Ybravo could be the ticket to still be able to cut.

Its definitely meant for commercial use and I'm sure it could handle daily use. Also the 25 inch model will more than likely have a Kawasaki engine option available in May or June of this year I was told.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-08-2014, 08:28 PM
oqueoque oqueoque is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenerman View Post
So I've just completed day three with my new 2012 updated Bravo 25. I am very impressed with the build quality and the "commercial" design. It bags awesome. Stuffs the catcher so tight that it's sometimes hard to empty it. (high flow catcher) I cut all day today while it poured rain and it still stuffed the catcher full. It kept on going and bagging where I new my Honda with an Accelerator catcher would get plugged. No dropping of grass clumps like a Honda HRC when you stop cutting. The deck stays very clean. The suction is amazing, you see stuff being drawn towards the deck edges as you cut. It was sucking pine cones today like a shop vac. I put on the mulch blade yesterday for a few properties and it did very well, no complaints with the cut either bagging or mulching. Time will tell as far as any durability concerns or other possible issues.
Mr. greenerman are you still with us. If so, how has that Bravo 25 worked out the last two years. Should we consider it a better mower than the Honda.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-19-2014, 05:39 PM
JFGLN's Avatar
JFGLN JFGLN is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 660
Haven't heard much about these lately. Any updates?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Exact Rototilling's Avatar
Exact Rototilling Exact Rototilling is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zone: 5B
Posts: 4,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqueoque View Post
Mr. greenerman are you still with us. If so, how has that Bravo 25 worked out the last two years. Should we consider it a better mower than the Honda.
What I have seen of the cut quality [maybe most here run dull blades...?] and general grouse factor about them I would not own a HRC 21.

My yBravo25 will leave a nicer cut. I absolutely love running an OREGON® G6 on mine. Even a G3 blade works pretty well even with mulch plug. Factory mulch blade is lower lift
. If you have the (2) bolt spindle you will need to drill the blade. Be prepared to ruin many drill bits. I have 5/8's spindle and you Flat out need to ditch the shortish factory bolt with a much longer one.

Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
oqueoque oqueoque is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: haddon hts. nj
Posts: 358
How difficult is it to get parts for these or to have them serviced? The dealer close to me is not close. A couple hours drive. Does this company make other equipment? I would be worried about them going out of business and not being able to get parts. These mowers are not common around me. I never saw one being used.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 AM
Exact Rototilling's Avatar
Exact Rototilling Exact Rototilling is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zone: 5B
Posts: 4,515
Order parts on the Co. Website.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.08099 seconds with 8 queries