Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Help setting up fertilizer program

I'm getting together what I need for my first app. I took soil test and have my lawns split up into four categories based on PH: Above 7.0, 6.0-7.0, 5.5-6.0, and below 5.5.

For the >7.0 lawns, obviously I'm gonna need to use sulfur coated urea or ammonium sulfate to bring the PH down. All but one lawn is centipede so I'm only doing four apps. Spring and fall pre-em and two in between- .5lbs N/M each app. I want to go with the slow release SCU.

For the 6-7 PH lawns I'm thinking I should use the same thing and bring the PH of these lawns down as well because centipede likes a little more acidic PH.

What should I use for the lower PH lawns? We get everything from JDL so I'm thinking the methylene urea because it doesn't lower the PH? Lime will be applied based on soil test recommendations.

Also, I want to put down insect control and I am thinking of using allectus 18-0-8. Can you get this blend as SCU or MU?

Any other advice from the seasoned vets on what I'm doing wrong or what I might want to change will be greatly appreciated.

To answer the question before it's asked, I am not licensed but the owner of the company is. I am in my last semester of an associates degree in turf management and we will be taking the test a week from tomorrow.