Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
The LESCO spreaders and other clone versions are like pigs on wheels. They are so heavy they unnecessarily wear you out from having to push around an extra 20-30 lbs all day. The fork that drives the agitator is is a weak POS that bends and stops working once you load up the hopper. The LESCO spreader is the most over rated spreader ever made. I had to call their cooperate office but I got my money back.

If you want to make doing applications a world easier try the Earthway C22SS like I did. You probably will not want a cumbersome self propelled spreader after you try the Earthway.
I think a big reason why most guys go with the Lesco is convenience of parts. At least in my area a lot of the companies selling earthway do not keep a vast array of parts in, and mostly only have pins, a couple agitators and maybe a gear box. When something random goes, you are stuck waiting for it to be shipped to you. Where as with Lesco spreaders, when I was their, I had dozens of even the most part in stock, the only thing that usually was in an overabundance were frames and hoppers that we might only keep one of. A guy could come in with a beaten speader and leave with it good as new in a half hour, or next day if it was severely beaten.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Look into Spyker spreaders. Best on the market IMO.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's too bad they don't make a commercial version of the 20 series with a stainless frame. No sense having a stainless hopper and a painted frame.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 04-09-2012, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the advice. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Member

I would advise going in personally to speak with a Sales Rep. Their websites suck...its like the big bang theory between websites...leads to no/bad info...dead ends...nothing its terrible...BUT going in and asking for "this years catalog" will yield exactly that...a catalog containing all the equipment you requested. Usually way over priced for the market...but if you have a lot of deere it can be a good thing...no downtime and excellent service. Bad website...its never been very user friendly.