Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-06-2012, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Check out my review of the new Gravely 400 series. I think it will be a game changer. My review will continue as we start to cut up north.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=375000
Great review that's awesome that you got to go there
Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Have not used either and Im just as content...Hmm that equipment but be the same as mine...I wonder who spent less on it? Im not really here to compare anything just making a point...Its a waste of time to compare the two...when theres something out there that cheaper and supplys the same exact results.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown & Co. View Post
Have not used either and Im just as content...Hmm that equipment but be the same as mine...I wonder who spent less on it? Im not really here to compare anything just making a point...Its a waste of time to compare the two...when theres something out there that cheaper and supplys the same exact results.
In my opinion and experience the results are not the same between manufacturers. Yes they all cut grass but cut quality in different conditions varies greatly between them all. Also build quality/fit and finish are quite different.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown & Co. View Post

It may be fine for a home owner or very small commercial guy doing it as a second job, but when you're depending on it as the sole sorce to provide for your family there is a very big difference. As GMLC stated, QOC alone can be huge. Speed and size of the machine increases productivity tons. Longevity is a factor. If you are to push a lighter built unit as hard as the big commercial units are pushed you can bet you'd never see 3000-4000 hrs. before scrapping it. Again this may not be a big deal for someone that is only putting on 50 hrs a season and not running it to the wall constantly. Low overhead is the name of the game and the best way to make profit. They wouldn't build and market lighter duty units if there wasn't a need for them, but you get what you pay for. That being said the industry has improved machines across the board and even the cost effective models can do some impressive things.