Register free!

Old 04-06-2012, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone tried a Rittenhouse Pestject spray gun?

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using the Rittenhouse Pestjet spray gun (http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=390) for herbicide sprays. Any info, positive or negative, would be helpful.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKblue View Post
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using the Rittenhouse Pestjet spray gun (http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=390) for herbicide sprays. Any info, positive or negative, would be helpful.
UKblue

I ask the same question and even the Rittenhouse guy on Lawnsite said it was Junk reading between the lines.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I appreciate your imput. That is unfortunate though. Have you tried one? What is a better alternative than tying up my truck-mounted tank with one product?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I appreciate your imput. That is unfortunate though. Have you tried one? What is a better alternative than tying up my truck-mounted tank with one product?
UKblue

No I have not tried one. But I want to believe I have enough common sense that if the RittenHouse Rep can't recommend it, I sure am not going to buy one. But Knock yourself out.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Ask Ric about his chemical injection system. Not sure about multiple products at once but he can give you the specifics if you ask him real nice.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 04-12-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I would appreciate any help, Ric
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Q C Supply 402-352-8825 sells a couple of different POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT Injectors starting at $ 195.00 on up. Dema Engineering 732 363 2333 also sells a different manufacture's injectors. Always be sure you are buying a POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT INJECTOR. That why you stay away from the RittenHouse model.

Some injector models are fixed and others are adjustable flow rate. I use the Chemizer HN 55 for straight insecticide treatment with a 1 oz to a gallon fixed injection rate. Because My insecticide is a High AI, it needs to be mixed with a percentage of water to be in calibration.

Chemical Injection is made right at the Hose Reel and only the hose has chemicals in it. My D 30 pump recirculates only fresh drinkable water. To change product I shut one ball valve off and turn the next one on. I have seen electric solenoids set ups that can be triggered from as far as 500 ft away. But that was on a Pressure wash rig where they change soap often. With the right manifold system you could have an infinite number of chemicals ready to be applied. However remember once you start to mix or half mix your feeder chemicals they start going bad. I have only two leads on my injector. My every day use 99% of the time insecticide and a extra for special mixes or jobs. But then My injector is limited to 1 oz per gallon which does limit my calibration on several chemicals.

If you want apply A & B together on one job and Only A on The Next and Them B etc you need either an injector for each. Or a pre mix of three products in 3 containers.

IMHO My injector is way ahead of it's time. It saves me money and hassle. But they are not totally fool proof and you need to know what you are doing with them. They also need checked on EVERY JOB to be sure they are working. A sight tube on both the chemical and the water tank should be Cross Checked on each job to insure the injector is working properly.