Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-06-2012, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Member

trade Gravely

i have a 2007 Gravely Rapid XZ, 30 hp 60inch deck.{front hydraulic deck machine} 310 hours on it {starting the season so hours will change a little} it's a beast and fast as hell!!! stripes nicely and is very clean adult run since new. i am setting up a box truck and this machine is too long for the truck with all my other equipment......i would like to trade it straight across for a mid mount deck machine with a bagger {52 or 60 inch only please}. i'm located in eastern NY
the Gravely is for sale locally for 5000.00, i am not to brand specific bud want something dependable and serviceable........Skag, Toro, Hustler....not really interested in Deere {i don't care for my local dealer, nothing wrong with the mowers, lol, please don't attack Deere owners}

pm me for pics or info
Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
LawnSite Member

bump need a shorter mower
Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Is there a collection system with this machine? I may be interested in a trade for our 2010 super z 31/60 with triple bag system. I've been watching these and the walker super b for a few years now. How is the hillside traction?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Mag,

no sorry there is no collection system, thats another big reason im looking to trade, ive gotten a couple large accounts that require bagging and the only bagger offered for this unit is a hard shell system that mounts above the motor in the rear. its very expensive and seems like it would add a lot of unbalanced weight to the machine.

as far as traction goes, it has automatic weight distribution which i have felt but not very often, it's basically a mountain goat being so long. i've mowed side slopes long enough to make me worry about starving the motor of oil {even though its a pressurized system} without sliding off. now of course you have to use common sense when running any machine on a side slope. but i take this places my brothers gravley 260 middeck won't go. the other nice thing about it is the hydraulic deck, put a pin in, flip two levers and push a button and the deck flips completely up on its own for servicing the blades. i mow at 4 inches, 12 mph and cut 21 acres in 4 1/12 hours comfortably --- the machine will travel at 16 mph but i have yet to be able to hang onto it at that speed mowing, lol

i have turf tires on it now but have the bar type that came on it that can go with it as well....i changed them because mowing fast they tended to tear the ground pretty bad, but they are traction monsters

if ive missed anything please ask.....i have it in the barn down on that property i was talking about but can get pics this weekend when i go back down to mow.

it stripes better than most machines but there are better stripes out there, i don't have anything on it like a roller or chains so adding them would make it stripe like crazy

thanks for the interest, Al