Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Member

ahez.com

I got an email from a company called ahez.com. they use facebook to design a webpage for you. they charge a monthly service fee. anybody here of this company? i did a search of them and seems like a good idea but you never know.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My knee-jerk reaction, based solely on your post, is that it's probably not worth your money. My visit to their web page, without reading a word, tells me that no money for marketing or web-related work should be sent anywhere near them. If you can't build yourself a modern, effective web presence, why would you think you can charge people money for something you can't come close to doing for yourself? When I actually clicked their product, my first thought was, "Well, those are the dumpster fire I thought they'd be.". Everything about them says "We loved 1995 so much, we're decided to stay here".

There are good, legitimate DIY web site creators out there. My best recommendation would be to check out squarespace.com (hit the web sub-forum and you'll find more info). They're inexpensive, good for any device (phone to tablet to pc) and are search engine-friendly. On the other end of the spectrum, GoDaddy and Vistaprint are just awful.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Take all that Tony said, and double its value. Wow...

While an interesting concept that they take your FB content and build your site from it, instead of the usual of you build your site and it auto posts updates to FB for you (if done right), it is just something I wouldn't do. Your site then requires facebook and depends on it. Just my opinion, I don't trust that.

One big thing besides the trust issue is the speed issue. The cable is out here today, so I'm connected through my phone, so thought slow loading was due to that. But just did a speed test, and I'm getting faster on my phone that I do on home connection.. So I went third party to test the site, Holy crap the results -- 15 seconds for their site to completely load. What was the major delay?? Check it out here:

http://gtmetrix.com/har.html?inputUr...validate=false

It is bad enough the content from their own servers to take over 3 seconds to load, but then add all the content they are pulling from facebook... Wow..

Fact: Google also takes page loading time in consideration now for rankings. If their site is that slow, how slow will yours be?