Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-09-2014, 08:37 AM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannin76 View Post
Because I'm a new business in a new city and I was unsure of where to advertise and target I almost gave up on trying to be in business. I signed up with them and in two days I was getting jobs and my business has really boomed since.
Posted via Mobile Device
We get a ton of calls from SM customers but most are either tire kickers or aren't willing to pay our rates, from what we can surmise your competing with the guys that don't know how to bid jobs correctly, you know the ones working for $10/hr and think they are making money because they are covered up in work.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:59 AM
fannin76 fannin76 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fairborn, Ohio
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
We get a ton of calls from SM customers but most are either tire kickers or aren't willing to pay our rates, from what we can surmise your competing with the guys that don't know how to bid jobs correctly, you know the ones working for $10/hr and think they are making money because they are covered up in work.
I don't win every job. Just like with other bids but you can't expect to.you are going to spend money on advertising no matter what so why not use it? Its all a write off any way. Plus the customers I get typically become repeat customers. Also if you do a good job there's word of mouth referrals from it. Its not for every one but I personally recomend it and if anyones interested I'll give you the number of my home advisor contact, she's awesom too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by fannin76; 03-09-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 4,801
I got tired of paying for leads I never heard from. I got tired of paying for leads that came from the same street more than once.

It's an expensive service. I have better luck on thumbtack
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:10 AM
fannin76 fannin76 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fairborn, Ohio
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
I got tired of paying for leads I never heard from. I got tired of paying for leads that came from the same street more than once.

It's an expensive service. I have better luck on thumbtack
Posted via Mobile Device
But you can send out thousands of post cards and not get a call on those too.....
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:11 AM
fannin76 fannin76 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fairborn, Ohio
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
I got tired of paying for leads I never heard from. I got tired of paying for leads that came from the same street more than once.

It's an expensive service. I have better luck on thumbtack
Posted via Mobile Device
What's thumbtack? I'm all about using every avenue out there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:16 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 4,801
Yeah but that's unlikely.

I spent over 3000 with service magic and cut it off. I got sick of it. I'm obviously not the only one. They call me everyday lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:29 AM
fannin76 fannin76 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fairborn, Ohio
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
Yeah but that's unlikely.

I spent over 3000 with service magic and cut it off. I got sick of it. I'm obviously not the only one. They call me everyday lol
Posted via Mobile Device
I control what I spend. 100-200 per month. Its never not once paid for itself. But its also not the only thing I do. I use Craig's list which blows, mailers, flyers, Facebook.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:36 AM
whiffyspark whiffyspark is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chesapeake beach
Posts: 4,801
How long hVe you used it for
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-10-2014, 10:04 PM
fannin76 fannin76 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Fairborn, Ohio
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
How long hVe you used it for
Posted via Mobile Device
Like 6 months so far. I'm going into my second now season
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 PM
cpllawncare's Avatar
cpllawncare cpllawncare is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannin76 View Post
I control what I spend. 100-200 per month. Its never not once paid for itself. But its also not the only thing I do. I use Craig's list which blows, mailers, flyers, Facebook.
Posted via Mobile Device
CL really is the bottom of the barrell
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.07822 seconds with 7 queries