Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Loose r/side dingo drive chain

Hi everyone,

New member looking for some advice on a dingo repair. Just bought a used dingo 220 and so far I am very happy with it's performance. I recently built a house and have to till, grade and seed the yard. Also have recently decided to take on some part time lawn and property maintenance jobs outside of my day job as a church/school maintenance director. The dingo came with a tiller, leveler, forks, and of course the 42" bucket. Paid $4700 for all of it and considering the dingo only had 500 hours I figured I couldn't go wrong.

After a new set of dirt tires the only thing that is giving me problems so far is the right side drive chain won't hold it's tension. The front hubs adjust forward and back an inch or so and the adjustment bolt won't contact the plate steel undercarriage. It's about an 1/8" away from the plate and if it doesn't make contact there is nothing to push the hub out to increase chain tension. I have cranked on the adjustment nut with a 1' drive socket and breaker bar to the point that I think I will twist it off if I keep going, not to mention that the nuts are about to strip out. Am I missing something obvious?

Any help would be great.

thanks