Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Isn't he the same guy that went around slapping evryone on the back of the legs with a dipstick on that auto parts advertisement? He always said"use your dipstick" after he slapped them. Those commercials were hilarious
Nevermind. It was a castrol commercial and not the same guy...still funny though
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Isn't he the same guy that went around slapping evryone on the back of the legs with a dipstick on that auto parts advertisement? He always said"use your dipstick" after he slapped them. Those commercials were hilarious
I think it may be. I love in this one where he says "Your Grass mannnnnn" lol

Millions of tiny voices crying out....feed us!

good stuff.

That snap fert gizmo is hilarious though. I can't wait to see the first one for sale at a yard sale.

It's perfect for that. What a pos.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

OK, I saw the commercial last night and have to admit I laughed my butt off.
I also have to agree with Ric about marketing. They do not even come to my little town [trugreen that is] but if you asked me to name termite services Terminix and Orkin come straight to mind and weed control Trugreen pops right in my mind. Something about TV and commercials that stick in your mind.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Ric,
I'm not sure which TG branch you are talking about but all Fl. branches from Tallahassee to Naples are corporately owned. The only franchise I know of was sold back in 99. I spend 8 years in the Tampa East office.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnguy8478 View Post
Ric,
I'm not sure which TG branch you are talking about but all Fl. branches from Tallahassee to Naples are corporately owned. The only franchise I know of was sold back in 99. I spend 8 years in the Tampa East office.

How brave of you to admit you worked for TG/CL, especially here in Florida.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

How brave of you to admit you worked for TG/CL, especially here in Florida.
Ha, I hear ya. I don't bad mouth any companies when I'm out in the field.(bad karma) I'm thankful that they gave me a good start in this business to get me where I am today. I can honestly say that I did things the right way(with what I was given to work with) and I may not have made alot of production bonuses but I still had one of the highest retention rates in the SE Region. Thankfully I'm at a fantastic company up in the NE where I can continue my trade and love every minute of it.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnguy8478 View Post
Ha, I hear ya. I don't bad mouth any companies when I'm out in the field.(bad karma) I'm thankful that they gave me a good start in this business to get me where I am today. I can honestly say that I did things the right way(with what I was given to work with) and I may not have made alot of production bonuses but I still had one of the highest retention rates in the SE Region. Thankfully I'm at a fantastic company up in the NE where I can continue my trade and love every minute of it.

After all the Great TG/CL training I am sure you're happy that Penna requirement and Test aren't any where as hard as Florida.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

After all the Great TG/CL training I am sure you're happy that Penna requirement and Test aren't any where as hard as Florida.

I consider myself "self-trained", I've done alot of my own research to learn the things I have learned. As far as the testing, I have both licenses. I like the fact that FL. has a 3 year requirement before being able to take it. The Pa test is on the same difficulty level as far as Agro goes. All the Hazmat and Pesticide safety stuff is the same(Core). The Fl test is longer and more in depth with insects and disease because you have more issues down there. ID is much more difficult up here IMO. You only deal with 3 predominant turf types with St Aug(although there are many cultivars),Bahia with bermuda in minor cases. Disease and Insect id is much different down there. Here is an example: I can spot chinch bugs and sod web worm in St. Augustine a mile away from my truck or mole crickets in bahia. The damage shows much different up here and there are 5 turf types with a couple transitional types.

I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the heat and annual rye anymore. By the way, was there ever a replacement product released for Asulox yet? That was a great product and it was a shame it got banned.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Trugreen............GO GREENER!
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 04-13-2012, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
... Thing is, I dont feel its professional on their part to show some mystery product that only kills grass and not dandys. Haha, thats a new one to me. ...
Do they still call it Atrazine??? Farmers have used it for quackgrass in bean fields since before I was born... not sure if the squirt&fert folks have used it over the years...

Tags
trugreen