Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2012, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good to hear!

Would be nice if this T30 would come w/ an hour-meter, fwiw.
I pray the future(?) commercial version has some BEEF wherever it needs it, yomsain?!

Lush Spring growth is a beotch.

How'd those new blades for your Q32 come out?
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 05-12-2012, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Unlike many areas of the country mowing season has not really started here....yet. Itís been wet and cold. Many LCOís are doing low mows and first clean up mows. Would not surprise me if we have another snow storm.

1st impressions: I can see the plastic wheels cracking and breaking with hard use. Wife briefly used it it and found it relatively easy to use and yes that is part of the reason for buying it. Not sure if it is bad gas but this unit has been a bit temperamental to start and restart. Iím not the kind to run to the dealer when the wind blows so I will swap out the gas for ethanol free 92 octane before it goes back to their shop. Treated the gas with IPA to grab any water in the gas. Not terribly concerned or excited about it but Iím not going to waste my time or the dealers time unless I know for sure it is not fuel quality related.

Really not much else to report but I donít expect the T30 the match the cut quality of the Q32 with the stock Toro Atomic blades. The Q32 cut quality is excellent. As you can see the Q32 has high floatation tires and weighs less than 400 pounds and is dual hydro static. Currently the Q32 dually is my favorite mower and has the best selection of blades available that are plug and play of any BOP mower.
skipped all posts after I read yours.

this review and comparison is GARBAGE.

the one and only reason is because the timemaster is NOT a commercial mower and is NOT ment to be. and your comparing it to a quick 32 which I know is commercial and I'm not really sure about ybravo. I've heard of them but never we don't have dealers so never used one.

but the bottom line is, this is not made for commercial use. so to complain about say the wheels cracking. well if your using it more than once a week on more than one property a week of course the wheels aren't gonna hold up.

this mower is made and designed for the average homeowner. NOT the commercial guy trying to save some money or is too cheap to buy what he needs and should buy.

I'm kinda tired of all these threads bashing the mower because it won't perform or hold up to commercial use when it's not suppose to in the first place.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm kinda tired of people telling people who KNOW that it's a homeowner mower that it's a homeowner mower.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, best not to read the whole thread and just go-off shooting from the hip. Easier done after a few beers. -heh-
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 05-12-2012, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone making steel wheels for the timemaster yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2012, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
skipped all posts after I read yours.
This may have been your first mistake?

Quote:
this review and comparison is GARBAGE.

the one and only reason is because the timemaster is NOT a commercial mower and is NOT ment to be. and your comparing it to a quick 32 which I know is commercial and I'm not really sure about ybravo. I've heard of them but never we don't have dealers so never used one.
We all knew this going into the thread, from the first post on.

Quote:
but the bottom line is, this is not made for commercial use. so to complain about say the wheels cracking. well if your using it more than once a week on more than one property a week of course the wheels aren't gonna hold up.
I believe the OP was suggesting that these mowers were for occasional use on certain properties?

Quote:
this mower is made and designed for the average homeowner. NOT the commercial guy trying to save some money or is too cheap to buy what he needs and should buy.
Actually, I use a small 24" Crafstman that I keep on my trailer. For me to buy a commercial version for the 2 times a week I use it, I think it would be a waste of $$. IMHO, this thread has great info. in it.

Quote:
I'm kinda tired of all these threads bashing the mower because it won't perform or hold up to commercial use when it's not suppose to in the first place.
I will agree that commercial mowers and homeowner grade units should not even be in the same category. One must keep in mind that even though you may be a professional LCO, there are certain situations where it makes sense to use another method/machine to get the job done and still have a few $$ in your wallet.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Funny....I had a reply I going last night...checked incoming text and lost it.

A number of my properties are just better off mowed with the T30. Faster for a number of reasons. All of those lawns are small. Probably so small most would think just hit it with a 21".

Rapid height adjustment with single lever for front and back even with engine and blades engaged. I'm tall and have a good reach may not be possible for others. Not to worry lever is positioned far enough away from bottom edge of deck. One lawn I prefer to bag and mow lower in the front and mulch mow the back and double cut. I just stow the mulch plug loose in the catcher when doing light bagging. Spray paint it white for contrast...works well.

Lowish suction is a plus when you have to bag....thus fewer clippings generated. When bagging I would consider it semi-mulch mode. Similar to Toro SR4 but nicer cut. Also if you have picky clients requesting bagging the mulch plug clicks and locks in place with bag installed.

Bag is easier to empty than yBravo 25 due to much wider opening. YBravo barrows heavily from Ariens/Gravely design.

Personal pace drive is insanely easy. Assit handle makes it less of a pita in tight small areas. Example ...mower is side ways in front of you mowing east or west... grab assit with finger tips engage drive and regulate one handed. Also smoother starts than Ybravo 25 which is prone to turf burn outs. I think yBravo improved this on current models.

More in the next post....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2012, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Let me revisit the issue of 21" vs the T30. All the lawns I use the T30 on are smaller practically courtyard smallish...to the point many would think the time saved is not worth a $1099 mower with electric start. Guess again...I hate 21" mowers almost as bad as lawn tractors...and i have never run a lawn tractor...topic for another thread. The mental agrivation saved in NOT haveing to run a 21" is worth it for me. The time savings is an added bonus.

T30 trims much better than my yBravo or even my Q32 in most instaces due to deck overhang. Not nearly as good as a Q36 or Q44 but handy to say the least. So yes for light incidental use as a trim mower....? Yes! Also has side discharge option and can mow higher than the yBravo 25. YBravo has zero intention of changing that aspect last time I aaked.

Even if the wheels do brake on this mower... so what. Thus far they are holding.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2012, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Break...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2012, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like mine