Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 PM
big daddy b's Avatar
big daddy b big daddy b is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East Syracuse, NY
Posts: 95
Yeah I saw the handle on the side, that's why I was asking about the tarp, I guess you just can't see it rolled up. Those style internationals with the tool box and mason dump are one of the most versital trucks out there, they are great for plowing in the in winter too. I have a buddy who plows city streets in one of those trucks and loves it because of the way the hood noses down you can see the whole plow, and he can carry all his tools and put ballast in the back.
That wheelbarrow idea is awesome too, I've never thought of that.
What's the details on the truck? Cost, miles GVWR....?

If I ever bought my own dump truck, this is the truck I would definitely get!
__________________
www.nelliganco.com
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 2,880
This is the truck I dreamed of for years and I found it on craigslist!

the tarp is concealed in the rolled front area so the bar doesnt get bent like every other truck I see haha.
visibility is great, mirrors are great. It cant haul the most yards but thats not what its for. I just need to set up and clean up jobs, tow the machine etc. most material gets delivered. anything over 20 yards I get a roll off. I have an older truck for hauling big and broken concrete etc. eventually I will run a tandem with a hooklift for the hauling.

This truck turns circles around my pickup, and for all those guys who say they tow 10k with their 350 pickup "like its not even there" have never towed with a truck like this. literally like its not there. we ran 30 miles after the blizzard in a foot of snow in unplowed roads towing the skid steer and never got stuck. It also has 90% continentals on it, no retreads. I plan to put my spare 9' BOSS on it or the 9.2 V I just bought. not sure if they will hold on to a truck this heavy though.

I figured I was spending hundreds on labor every month loading and unloading the truck, making trips back to got some tool we forgot or didnt know we would need. beating my pickup up towing and hauling. Now at the end of the day we clean up super fast because everything has a place in the box. I will grab pics one day, I want to bed line it so stuff doesnt slide or bang around. it has an electric winch in there to lift the brick saw or tamper up when you are by yourself.

It weights 14500 empty(with tools in toolbox), 25,995 GVWR, i bought it with 79,999 miles on it for 18k. Its in the shop tomorrow for brakes on all 4 corners, we will see what the damage is on that but other than that it cost me 200 to get the painted lettering off of it and i spent 100 for a new bluetooth and ipod pioneer headunit.
Thanks!
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 02-26-2013, 09:20 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 2,880
driveway at a rental house, racing the sun to finish since the truck showed up late

raised this ring and patched in the lot, also put the ramp to the dumpsters. shame to see it all trashed but thats the restaurant biz

getting a workout

rental ex. this thing has no balls for roots etc but is great in small spaces and digging soft dirt
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 PM
JPsDuramax's Avatar
JPsDuramax JPsDuramax is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 346
Nice pictures and nice work! After looking through the pics, that International will serve you very well. And you do need a mini-ex like mine

On that rental driveway, could you use calcium? That would have helped since the sun was setting. Did y'all have to use concrete blankets?

Keep up the good work and good luck this year
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPsDuramax View Post
Nice pictures and nice work! After looking through the pics, that International will serve you very well. And you do need a mini-ex like mine

On that rental driveway, could you use calcium? That would have helped since the sun was setting. Did y'all have to use concrete blankets?

Keep up the good work and good luck this year
the strip closest to the house was done at 8 am, the other half at 11 am. we put in calcium but the driver added water without us telling him to
we dont have blankets and we finished it as best we could. Dad owns the rental and one day it will be mine so we weren't that concerned. it rained that night and the finish stripped off the second half, wonder why? that has never happened to us and we made the ready mix company aware of what the driver did immediately after so they will be ripping it out and providing us with new concrete, wire and expansion in spring. we just have to pour it. or they will credit it to another job. I think we are just going to leave it since it is a rental.

I'm holding my breath looking for an ex. It will fall in my lap when I am ready, same as my pickup and dump!
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 PM
big daddy b's Avatar
big daddy b big daddy b is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East Syracuse, NY
Posts: 95
Yeah that's a good truck for sure!
is it auto or manual?
My buddy has the same truck, auto and he has a 10 foot western on it...handles it no problem.
__________________
www.nelliganco.com
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 02-26-2013, 10:07 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 2,880
Allison auto. Love it
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 PM
JPsDuramax's Avatar
JPsDuramax JPsDuramax is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
the strip closest to the house was done at 8 am, the other half at 11 am. we put in calcium but the driver added water without us telling him to
we dont have blankets and we finished it as best we could. Dad owns the rental and one day it will be mine so we weren't that concerned. it rained that night and the finish stripped off the second half, wonder why? that has never happened to us and we made the ready mix company aware of what the driver did immediately after so they will be ripping it out and providing us with new concrete, wire and expansion in spring. we just have to pour it. or they will credit it to another job. I think we are just going to leave it since it is a rental.

I'm holding my breath looking for an ex. It will fall in my lap when I am ready, same as my pickup and dump!
Wow, I have never heard of driver just adding water That's crazy.

Without seeing a picture, it's hard to tell what may have happened. It could have been the exposure to cold weather or it could be too much water in the mix. (Let's go with that since the driver screwed up ) But if y'all are not worried, I'd just have the concrete company credit your next job since their driver didn't follow procedure.

We got lucky on our mini-ex. We had been looking for awhile and every one we looked at had high hours, and were completely ragged out. I was at United Rentals picking up a mini and told them I was looking to buy. Their rep was very helpful finding great units. That may be an option.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPsDuramax View Post
Wow, I have never heard of driver just adding water That's crazy.

Without seeing a picture, it's hard to tell what may have happened. It could have been the exposure to cold weather or it could be too much water in the mix. (Let's go with that since the driver screwed up ) But if y'all are not worried, I'd just have the concrete company credit your next job since their driver didn't follow procedure.

We got lucky on our mini-ex. We had been looking for awhile and every one we looked at had high hours, and were completely ragged out. I was at United Rentals picking up a mini and told them I was looking to buy. Their rep was very helpful finding great units. That may be an option.
We we're like what happened? We said we wanted a 6? And hes like thats a portugese 6!! We called his boss who we pour probably 100/200 yards a year with and he said the driver is an idiot, he cant get good drivers to meet the demand, and he will replace it. This was without even seeing it. Real stand up guys for sure. The driver also stepped in the concrete after we finished screeding.

I'm checking everywhere but i have great luck in jersey and PA. There are a few rental places local, I'll pop in there too.
What did you pay and how many hours? Do you use it for flatwork a lot?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 PM
T Scapes's Avatar
T Scapes T Scapes is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garnet Valley PA
Posts: 988
nice 4300 by chance was that on for sale in Jersey if i remember right i think the guy was selling 3 or so
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.07960 seconds with 8 queries