Register free!

Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yea he was selling 5 of them. Very nice guy. Said he ran 60 guys full time and was scaling back. They all had equal miles but the other we're newer with central hydros and he wanted to sell with the plows and sanders. This was at the tippy top of my budget but I'm glad i stretched it.

I think he still has the others
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
We we're like what happened? We said we wanted a 6? And hes like thats a portugese 6!! We called his boss who we pour probably 100/200 yards a year with and he said the driver is an idiot, he cant get good drivers to meet the demand, and he will replace it. This was without even seeing it. Real stand up guys for sure. The driver also stepped in the concrete after we finished screeding.

I'm checking everywhere but i have great luck in jersey and PA. There are a few rental places local, I'll pop in there too.
What did you pay and how many hours? Do you use it for flatwork a lot?
Posted via Mobile Device
It had 1500 hours on it and we paid right at $20k for it. We just bought it in either October or November, I can't remember We haven't done any major flatwork with it yet, but I have rented the same unit in the past, and it makes life much easier. I've got a few jobs coming up. I'll have to let you know how things go.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Picked up big red from the sign shop - sign factory in centereach for my long island people

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks great lettered up!

do those sides fold down too?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
We we're like what happened? We said we wanted a 6? And hes like thats a portugese 6!! We called his boss who we pour probably 100/200 yards a year with and he said the driver is an idiot, he cant get good drivers to meet the demand, and he will replace it. This was without even seeing it. Real stand up guys for sure. The driver also stepped in the concrete after we finished screeding.

I'm checking everywhere but i have great luck in jersey and PA. There are a few rental places local, I'll pop in there too.
What did you pay and how many hours? Do you use it for flatwork a lot?
Posted via Mobile Device
Only 100 to 200 yards a year and they are willing to bend over backward for you?? Wow! Thats amazing. We do about 200 yards a month and i dont think our supplier is that generous.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yes the sides fold down big, i love working out of it. Very convenient.

Yea sva its not a exact number, probably more but they are great guys. I have some great suppliers, very thankful so i try and stay loyal to them and they are loyal to me
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

truck came out great.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

question about concrete work alldayrj....hey i have some concrete experience and i imagine folks have different ways of doing things as well as different things are done in different places. Work looks great, dont get me wrong so here i go. Noticed you not putting in gravel base for your concrete pours. Also the base for patios and walls dont seem to extend far enough, curious about proper base for that as well. Oh and the color choices are strange on some of the jobs.....Curious also with the forms being left in the concrete. That is forms left in the finished job correct? We have cut off sections during a job with big pours, but that is a bullhead, just when we pull the form and install expansion joint......You are only the 2nd i've ever seen mortaring in soldier course on a patio. I just dont trust that. Workmanship looks great keep it up
Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the questions outlander.
The soldier course is mortared to a poured concrete footing, the footing contains the base so that is why it does not extend past.

The forms you see are pressure treated wood expansion joints. I like to use 5/4" PT as it is a softer look for residential work.

As for the gravel base, I've seen it online but have never seen it locally. I've seen it spec'd on blueprints for new construction but besides that nobody does it here on Long Island.

As for paver colors, the only one i can think of is the crab orchard curved walkway. This was to match the existing paver work on the front of the house. Customers call, not mine and i personally agree with you.

Anything else, ask away
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

The truck looks Good . I think maybe you could of cut down on services along the side to make them a little bigger to stand out though. imo

But good luck with it this year.