Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-12-2012, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Need help with estimate for 2 gas stations ASAP

I have to get this guy a quote for both, maybe just one or the other, not too sure. these would either be every 2 weeks or once a month. i need prices to give him so he can choose.

there isnt much to do at them but a lot of weed eating and trimming bushes here and there. i have a 44 dixie so it would be perfect. not too big and not too small.

please help me put together some numbers guys! sorry for the small pictures, cant figure out how to take a screen shot on my pc and make it any bigger once i crop it.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I mowed a gas station last season. Price accordingly for trash pickup. There are more cigarette butts and cellophane than you will want to pick up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Member

thats the thing, i dont know how much to price these at. i am kinda getting there on residential but not commercial. I'd appreciate any and all help with this. 100 month per at 2 trips or 1 or 150 for 2 trips or what? does this include everything like trimming once a month or what?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

These threads crack me up. Do I get a percentage of the profit if I do the leg work? You want others to give you a price to do a job like it's suppose to happen. Do you think Burger King CEO's call up Wendy's CEO's and ask them to come up with a pricing plan for their food? If you can't figure out a price on two gas stations then you shouldn't be bidding on them. You need to learn to do your job and not ask others to do it for you.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, appreciate the input. or MAYBE you could help me to LEARN which is what this forum is for, no?

Your saying if i go through your posts, you NEVER asked anyone for help on something? an engine problem or anything? if so, maybe someone should say you should just take it to a mechanic and stop being cheap, right?

or MAYBE you are just trying to LEARN right?

I dont care if you have 600+ posts and may be a successful owner or whatever. life is about helping people, right? get out of here if you have no kind words or input to help me bid these. i said i was just starting out...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
These threads crack me up. Do I get a percentage of the profit if I do the leg work? You want others to give you a price to do a job like it's suppose to happen. Do you think Burger King CEO's call up Wendy's CEO's and ask them to come up with a pricing plan for their food? If you can't figure out a price on two gas stations then you shouldn't be bidding on them. You need to learn to do your job and not ask others to do it for you.
Some one is a little cranky today (edit ) > or just being an assssssssssss
Ultra Vac
Toro Pro Line 52"'s
Toro Pro Line 36"
Exmark Metro 36"
Redmax Hedge Trimmers
Redmax Line Trimmers
Redmax Backpacks Blowers
Stihl Backpack Blowers
Echo handblower
Etc,etc,etc,,,,

Last edited by mowZ06; 04-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha5150 View Post
thats the thing, i dont know how much to price these at. i am kinda getting there on residential but not commercial. I'd appreciate any and all help with this. 100 month per at 2 trips or 1 or 150 for 2 trips or what? does this include everything like trimming once a month or what?
I would just do it like any other normal account. Once a week visit. As far as pricing just figure out how much time it will take to get in and out to do the whole job. Price based on how much you want to make or need to make an hour.
Ultra Vac
Toro Pro Line 52"'s
Toro Pro Line 36"
Exmark Metro 36"
Redmax Hedge Trimmers
Redmax Line Trimmers
Redmax Backpacks Blowers
Stihl Backpack Blowers
Echo handblower
Etc,etc,etc,,,,
Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha5150 View Post
Thanks, appreciate the input. or MAYBE you could help me to LEARN which is what this forum is for, no?

Your saying if i go through your posts, you NEVER asked anyone for help on something? an engine problem or anything? if so, maybe someone should say you should just take it to a mechanic and stop being cheap, right?

or MAYBE you are just trying to LEARN right?

I dont care if you have 600+ posts and may be a successful owner or whatever. life is about helping people, right? get out of here if you have no kind words or input to help me bid these. i said i was just starting out...
Yes, please read ALL the posts I've made. I have NEVER asked another business owner to help me price a job. I have NEVER asked someone on here "how to fix" my mower. I was a auto tech for 30 years and I'm sharp as a tack. Not everyone needs someone to hold their hand to run a business. Did you draw up a business plan before you decided to open up a business? How long did you spend doing research on the industry before you made a decision to start a business? I was reading posts on this forum back in 04. I wasn't asking anyone to bid a job for me.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowZ06 View Post
I would just do it like any other normal account. Once a week visit. As far as pricing just figure out how much time it will take to get in and out to do the whole job. Price based on how much you want to make or need to make an hour.
This sounds like the basics for bidding any job. If you don't know those then what's the point in owning and operating a business?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

since i am starting out, my time on site might be more than others. i am obviously working on that. general numbers, if it takes me 1 hour for a property and i want to make $1 per minute would i charge $240 per month? the next guy, hell any of you guys, would charge this guy $120 per month.

this is my point. on a commercial bid, which i have never done, i would like to know if there is anything different vs a residential property to help me with the bidding. IE, cig butts, plastic, bottles, etc etc.. like someone else said, be prepared to pick up a lot. i haven't thought of that.