Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2012, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

you guys want total web design for around $300

i have some good contact info for you guys trying to build a web site.

guy is from europe but he makes things super easy. you tell him what you want and he whips it out.

he wants me to update my web page and make it more modern.

pm me if your interested.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass disaster View Post
he wants me to update my web page and make it more modern.
Not sure I follow... He hasn't done the work for you but you're already recommending him?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes I've used him for my current website. Which I've had for a while now. Everything went smooth the first go round.

I've had some different ideas now and he made mention it may be time for a whole new design.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2012, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

So you have outsourced your website to Europe? Sweet! Do you pay him in euros, dollars, pounds, or some other form of currency?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes I have. You laugh. But he does good work. And I pay dollars through paypal.

It really is super easy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2012, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Instead of offering up a commentary, I'll just give you the advice that you should make sure your designer's next fee includes adherence to the basic tenets of SEO on his redesign of your site. The generator he uses to build his clients' themes isn't very good at SEO, or code generation, and neither was his use of WordPress, which is why your site is not nearly as good as it should (not "could") be.

On the plus side, based on your service area, it doesn't take much to rank well, so you're doing fine on that end. That could change, however, so I'd make sure he rebuilds your site in the best way possible.

Out of curiosity, how long ago did he build your site?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
The generator he uses to build his clients' themes isn't very good at SEO, or code generation
I use Artisteer myself, and agree, the SEO quality is not that great, have been trying to get them to change things (primarily the use of H1) for a while now. The latest version is a little better though. I find myself changing them so much when I generate a template, I'm building a script to auto change the output from it.

(The older version bad enough I used to take the page and just re-code it myself)

-Greg
Old 04-09-2012, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Instead of offering up a commentary, I'll just give you the advice that you should make sure your designer's next fee includes adherence to the basic tenets of SEO on his redesign of your site. The generator he uses to build his clients' themes isn't very good at SEO, or code generation, and neither was his use of WordPress, which is why your site is not nearly as good as it should (not "could") be.

On the plus side, based on your service area, it doesn't take much to rank well, so you're doing fine on that end. That could change, however, so I'd make sure he rebuilds your site in the best way possible.

2 years now i think.

i think i remember asking him to start wordpress. as i thought i could alter it myself easier.

yes he did some seo origionally. i seem to rank #1 in about every search i can think of. so i'm happy with that.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

http://www.accelerate-aerials.co.uk/

he gave me this as a clients page he was working on.

he wants me to switch to this format.

would this be better than what i have?? yes seo is very improtant to me. i dont want to loose my ranking either.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass disaster View Post
would this be better than what i have?? yes seo is very improtant to me. i dont want to loose my ranking either.
No, I don't think that design layout (which is en vogue right now, and one I use often) is inherently better than what you have. I also have the personal opinion he's not a "designer" as much as he is a guy who plugs in your info and hits the publish key. Again, there's nothing inherently wrong with that as it fits a budget.

SEO-wise, that site you referenced suffers from many of the same issues yours does, leading me to believe he's not really much for SEO, either.

So, just so you are aware, this is what your $300 seems to be getting you...
He'll put your current content in to this, hopefully licensed, theme:
http://themeforest.net/item/striking...p-theme/128763.

Again, as long as it's done right, the $300 is probably not far off from setting up a small site and plugging your content into it. The problem I see is that he just doesn't seem to be very good at doing it.