Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-13-2012, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Fluid Film Gun, big thumbs down.

http://www.kellsportproducts.com/Spraygun.html

I received my gun a week ago, used it for the second time today. I experimented with psi ranging from 20 to 100. I was never able to achieve a smooth application. It would literally spray in globs, leaving some areas bare, while others were covered in a..... glob.

Also, with my old spray set up I could undercoat AT LEAST two trucks with one gallon of FF. This time I used half a gallon on just the underside of a dump insert.

And my last complaint. I said I used it for the second time today. After the first time using it a week ago I set it down on the workbench and have not touched it til today. Today when I picked it up I realized the trigger mechanism was missing. Somehow the C or E clip popped off, and the pin slid out, therefore dropping the trigger off the gun.

So I wasted $30. If anyone was thinking about buying this gun, I strongly recomemnd avoiding it.

And still not rich

Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just sent you a PM. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox4Life View Post
http://www.kellsportproducts.com/Spraygun.html

I received my gun a week ago, used it for the second time today. I experimented with psi ranging from 20 to 100. I was never able to achieve a smooth application. It would literally spray in globs, leaving some areas bare, while others were covered in a..... glob.

And my last complaint. I said I used it for the second time today. After the first time using it a week ago I set it down on the workbench and have not touched it til today. Today when I picked it up I realized the trigger mechanism was missing. Somehow the C or E clip popped off, and the pin slid out, therefore dropping the trigger off the gun.

So I wasted $30. If anyone was thinking about buying this gun, I strongly recomemnd avoiding it.
Yep. Had the same problem. That was the old gun they were selling from Astro Pneumatic. I still see a lot of the other Fluid Film dealers selling that Astro Pneumatic gun for Fluid Film. It does not work well with Fluid Film, and it does not last. The c-ring on the trigger flies off, and the gun will not atomize Fluid Film.
You have to use the gun that they make specifically for Fluid Film. The trigger is riveted in place and the gun is solid.

This is one of the places that sells it
Old 09-16-2013, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey thanks. This is an old thread but I still havnt found anything thatll work better. Ill give this a try, thanks again.

And still not rich

Old 09-16-2013, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Might as well plug for FF.

Way back when I made this thread, FF (or keller?...its been a while) refunded me for the crap gun.
Now it looks like theyve fixed the specific issues I was upset about it.

Good job FF.

And still not rich