Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2012, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

prices for 19-0-6 .38 barricade

i have a local co-op that buys what i need and stores it in their buiding for me so that i dont have to keep it in my small shop. I am the only person that comes up and buys this stuff so I know they do it just for me. They are selling me the 50# bags for 21$ and I know that is probably higher then what u guys are buying it for but like i said i dont have to come up with truck load money up front cause they store it and i just go up and get a pallet or two a week. Wondering what everyone else is paying for the same product??
Old 04-12-2012, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Big: .38 is a rgood load of prodiamine, but its warmer where you are. How much are you applying per acre? How much does a bag cover?
single ap or split?

Cost per thousand is what really matters. As long as it is effective and your storage space suits your situation.

If you run out--do they carry another product which fits your program?

Do they help you calibrate your spreader? Do they have scales to weigh your spreader output? Service, not price is an important factor.

Don't you wish you spreader had built-in scales?

Last edited by RigglePLC; 04-12-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added correction
Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like both of you are getting a sweet deal!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycain1216 View Post
i have a local co-op that buys what i need and stores it in their buiding for me so that i dont have to keep it in my small shop. I am the only person that comes up and buys this stuff so I know they do it just for me. They are selling me the 50# bags for 21$ and I know that is probably higher then what u guys are buying it for but like i said i dont have to come up with truck load money up front cause they store it and i just go up and get a pallet or two a week. Wondering what everyone else is paying for the same product??
Yeah $21 per bag for smaller quantities of barricade is a good deal, plus you have a storage spot for it.

Here, one of the main suppliers has once again raised his price, and cut not only phosphorous out, but also potassium, so now its just 19-0-0 with dimension, and they want $29 per bag! Thats with no storage!

So another new guy wants $24 per bag of 20-0-0 with a high percentage of barricade designed for single application, around .50 or so.

But if you really want to save, get into a big buying group with a whole bunch of other large companies that together buy 100's of pallets every spring, and you can about cut that cost in half! In the mid 90's, I worked for a very large Lawn Doctor franchise, and he was in a buyers group, and paid around $5.50 per bag for 16-5-10 w/Team. But we also got 18 wheeler loads in at least twice each service in spring.