Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-14-2012, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone have a striping kit for their grandstand

wondering if the stripe kits are worth buying, i love my grandstands, but they dont stripe well at all
Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfrider1020 View Post
wondering if the stripe kits are worth buying, i love my grandstands, but they dont stripe well at all

I dont know if this is something I should know the answer to, but I'll risk looking like a noob and ask anyway: What is a striping kit for a grandstand?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a striping kit on my Exmark, ZTR and it drops great stripes. I just picked up a 52" Grandstand and I'm looking into putting a striping kit on it. But I'm waiting hoping to hear some feed back from others on the topic. You've had several views but nobody is putting any input...

TooMuchClay.... A striping kit is a roller attached at the rear of the deck. It bends the blades of grass so when you mow you see the light reflect off the blades differently which causes the light and dark stripes in a lawn. Do a search on youtube, or on here for pictures or videos.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Member

grandstand

I have yet to see a striping kit on a grandstand but im sure it is available.I my self am thinking of buying a new Gstand. How do u like them? The one I am looking at it $5900 for a 52" 23hp Toro it is a leftover model from 2011 I have heard the 24 hp offers alot more power even though only 1 hp more any feedback welcome. Ps do u bag grass? or mulch? does the adjustable deck help disperse clippings well? thanks- Tom
Old 04-15-2012, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

as a long time user of the wright stander, i have a hard time saying the grandstand is better, but in many ways it beats the wright. it climbs hills much better than the wright, you can step off and walk behind it if you need to, i have 2 of the 2009 models with the 19 kawasakis and if anything they have plenty of power, i can cut through 4 foot tall grass without issues, my standers would just lay it over. 5900 sounds like a great price, if it were me i would get 2. the only downside to the grandstand is striping, they stripe, but not as bright and bold as i would like that is why i want to see if the stipe kit is any help.doesnt bother me to buy something that will help make the lawns look great, but i hate buying something that doesnt help
Old 04-15-2012, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I just got a striping kit for my exmark vantage which is pretty much the same as your grandstand. It's really does a good job, it mounts to the mower underneath the platform.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have one for mine and it does a great job. I also have the ocdc. They both are must haves IMO.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i just put the ocdc systems on both of mine....love them

tom, sorry, i both mulch and just let them spray, i never bag, the grandstand does disperse well, and with the ocdc you can mulch your clippings well
Old 04-19-2012, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

BruceC and Cubsfan1 how about some striping pics from those standers with striping kits.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Grandstand

Thanks for the feedback. Now I just need a day off to get up to the dealer to make my purchase.