Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

okay guys OCDC? how much does the stripe kit cost?
Old 04-21-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Operator Controled Discharge Chute. works very well, little overpriced, but i guess its worth it.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i think the stripe kits are around 350 375
Old 04-21-2012, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Powerchutedesigns.com I think it was around $330.00 plus shipping. I love mine, I've had one on my exmark since the second week I bought it. After buying my grandstand I ordered one and love it. I bought the switch bracket, but didn't use it. I wound up drilling a hole on the dash, it works perfect.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Well I bought my 52" Grandstand about a week and a half ago and I am very happy with it so far. It has plenty of power w/ the 23 hp. I cut thru 3' high grass w/ ease while my walker clogged and bogged alongside, granted not ideal grass for a walker, but the Walker is a 26 hp. The stripe it leaves is decent, not as manicured as a walker, but passable. It does climb hills like nothing I've ever used b4. With all the rain we've had in MA This spring I have found that on thick lawns I have to double cut. In some ways takes longer yet w/out having to empty a bag it may be less work. I just bought the grass gobbler for it but have yet to use it. I didnt realize I would have to take off grass deflecter to mount the bag, not a difficult task, but an inconvenience. Has anyone tried to use a mulch plate on the grass chute? I have some steel I cut to size and just need to drill holes and mount it to see how it works. Any feedback is welcome....Mow on!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsyardcare View Post
Well I bought my 52" Grandstand about a week and a half ago and I am very happy with it so far. It has plenty of power w/ the 23 hp. I cut thru 3' high grass w/ ease while my walker clogged and bogged alongside, granted not ideal grass for a walker, but the Walker is a 26 hp. The stripe it leaves is decent, not as manicured as a walker, but passable. It does climb hills like nothing I've ever used b4. With all the rain we've had in MA This spring I have found that on thick lawns I have to double cut. In some ways takes longer yet w/out having to empty a bag it may be less work. I just bought the grass gobbler for it but have yet to use it. I didnt realize I would have to take off grass deflecter to mount the bag, not a difficult task, but an inconvenience. Has anyone tried to use a mulch plate on the grass chute? I have some steel I cut to size and just need to drill holes and mount it to see how it works. Any feedback is welcome....Mow on!!!
My accelerator bag can be put on the unit without taking off the deflecter. I have the Toro ocdc which will serve the purpose of keeping grass out of beds and paved areas. But I would not use it for mulching an entire yard, as it leave strips of grass. My Grandstand has the 19 HP engine, which I feel is underpowered at times.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-26-2012, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I have some pictures from my grand stand with the striping kit on it. Its an 09 model with the 52in deck and 23hp Kawasaki. I have had the striping kit on since i bought it and it dose improve striping but i found that it largely varies on the lawn conditions. Some days it they will be vary noticeable and some days you can hardly tell. Sorry about the quality i took them with my i phone. The brightness in the back ground is a lake and im standing in a shaded area. I will get a pic of the striper on the machine soon.
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2012, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Here is the OCDC. This is a new 2012, but all other years similar. They are about $260 and worth every penny. The one key thing we've done is trim the discharge chute down to about 5". The picture shows partially trimmed, but it has been cleaned up and shortened another inch or so. Just enough to let it flip under the battery box out of the way. If you do not they must be pressed into the box to get a catcher on and long term deforms the chute anyways.

Mine stripes just fine though, but the turbo force is tricky to get tuned just right to get a great cut. Once you do it rivals the ultracut with the striping leaning toward the exmark. Around here the ultracut is still top dog it's just that the new guys can't afford exmarks premium pricing so they tend to buy green machines. My blood runs red.
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2012, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelracer View Post
Here is the OCDC. This is a new 2012, but all other years similar. They are about $260 and worth every penny. The one key thing we've done is trim the discharge chute down to about 5". The picture shows partially trimmed, but it has been cleaned up and shortened another inch or so. Just enough to let it flip under the battery box out of the way. If you do not they must be pressed into the box to get a catcher on and long term deforms the chute anyways.

Mine stripes just fine though, but the turbo force is tricky to get tuned just right to get a great cut. Once you do it rivals the ultracut with the striping leaning toward the exmark. Around here the ultracut is still top dog it's just that the new guys can't afford exmarks premium pricing so they tend to buy green machines. My blood runs red.

Your gs looks alot cleaner than mine. I bungee strap the chute and ocdc, so it is up most of the time. I use it mostly in the fall for the leaves. That utility bag comes in handy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-26-2012, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The hour meter literally read 0.0 when that photo was taken. Trim your chute down and take off the spring, you can thank me later.