Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2012, 05:50 AM
LawnSite Member

propane ramrod taskmaster

By popular demand, a pic of the conversion to propane on my ramrod. The tank is mounted on the standing platform with the regulator bolted to the main support of the machine.
High throttle the tank freezes over but as long as I back off a bit its fine. 33LBS lasts about 16 hours of run time and it starts very easily for an older unit. I have the gas tank and would not consider changing back. Any questions let me know. I added a few extra photos for people who are looking at a small loader.
The custom hood cove between the leveling arms is home made as a dust/snow cover. With the gas tank mounted it generates way to much heat.
enjoy
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the pictures. I am trying to come up with a way to build a bracket to hang the tank off the side opposite the muffler on my dingo. trying to avoid taking up space on the foot stand. what you guess is the approximate weight of the tank full?
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

My guess would be 45 to maybe 50 LBS for a 33 pound AL tank filled. Really think about mounting it on the side of the machine. The beauty of the compact loaders is their ability to get into tight places. You would be adding at least a foot to the with. Its not that bad on the foot platform. Im putting a fold down foot peg behind the tank. Like the ones on a Van or box truck that way I can move around without being cramped.
Also the tank hanging off the back is added counter weight. Todays job the trees (Eastern Hornbeam) took 2 guys standing on my Ramrod to counter weight them.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Those pictures were helpful, thanks for posting them.