Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2012, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone else use Simplicity machines in business?

Most will say we are crazy but-

We have 4 Simplicity garden tractors around here and they are great for odd and end things.
1- 3416H with mower/tiller for tilling gardens and customers that like the way it mows and stripes their lawn.
2- AC 912H(Simplicity 7112H) with 20.5 robin engine, snowblower/mower for sidewalk snowblowing and mowing the same as #1
3- 4040 powermax snowblower/mower/tiller/front and rear blade/loader/ 3pt and pto for the things #1 and 2 do, plus small landscaping as it fits the same 48" power rake as=
4- Legacy XL 4x4 27hp 3pt pto with mower/snowblower/front broom/blade/landscape rake/power rake/seeder used mainly for small residential landscape work and the first 3 d0.

We have found that these machines are reliable and great for those special customers that want that roller decks cut and striping, plus the growing garden tilling business, not to mention in winter they make walk behind snowblowers obsolete.
Has anyone else tried this?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Being not that far from your area, no, I have not seen anybody around these neck of the woods using Simplicity. Your setups do provide a useful set of skills, granted people want to drop money on them. The return on investment has to be proven worthwhile for most people to invest into it, or it's an avenue they do not want to venture down. I would be afraid to say no to a potential customer just because it's something the focus of my business is not leaning toward. In the end it's still a paycheck. Build it and they will come, as they say. Err, invest in everything ahead of time then market the hell out of the services you are able to offer...
Old 06-30-2012, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Member

I see very little response on this and have been searching the site for info on the simplicity ZTR's and haven't found anything yet. They have a nice looking suspension model 4000 or something and I would love to read some reviews on it. They are about 5400 with 48" ICD deck and full suspension. Anyone heard of or driven this model? It's wimpy by scag standards but I only do a couple of lawns and they are ROUGH. Also I have a very nice dealer close by who sell them and Snapper Pro.