Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-11-2012, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
How about we just share the info out here in the forums. That way everybody can see. Seriously. There are a ton of questions and theories posted here. Maybe you can answer some of those that have already been posted?
See the name, Clear Air. I agree post it.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Definitely a premium alternative for those considering or coming from the likes of B&D, Ryobi, & Toro electrics at the big box stores, butvwhat I find curious is the pro designation, commercial warranty etc. The 85 anyway. I don't know how they're going to stack up to even stihl's or anyone's power trimmers, even their least powerful homescaper models- any input in that regard cleanair?

I understand the city of dallas uses these things.

Quote:
Austria, btw. Made in Austria.
Acgually Austria (trimmer), Germany (battery), & Slovakia (charger).
Old 07-12-2012, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
How about we just share the info out here in the forums. That way everybody can see. Seriously. There are a ton of questions and theories posted here. Maybe you can answer some of those that have already been posted?
+1 no need to take it to PM, although I could also appreciate anyone's reluctance to discuss theirs, around here.

Quote:
Stihl is not Crazy there hoping there are just enough STUPID customers willing to buy the junk to keep the line alive, I do not see it happening.
easy-lift guy
"I'm an electric car.
I can't go very fast, or very far.
And if you drive me,
everyone will think you're gay.

ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!
"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkzBwXNACrM

Old 07-12-2012, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Its a time issue really. Too busy burnin' batteries to read 6 pages of questions at the moment! Only hop on here for a few minutes now and then when I can.

For the most recent question, I can't honestly say, as I am not real familiar with gas trimmers and the difference in power from model to model. I started with electric and have stuck with it. I think I alluded to this in my first post about the Stihl equipment--for residential accounts they work great. Lightweight, fast, powerful. I'm not doing miles of edging, heavy brush, or pastures with it obviously. The power is there and I've not had a problem. Plus, the lack of maintenance is great. One less thing for me to worry about/spend time on.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting the FSA 85, with 2 batteries and the quick charger today, along with the blower. I am a musician and have started developing a few pains in my arm from the vibrations of hand held equipment (primarily the weed eater). I am not jeopardizing playing guitar/bass, etc. I WILL PAY FOR THIS NEW LINE that stihl has developed and am glad it has finally come along. I also have worried about breathing fumes for 20 years, and it's effects. Walker Super B exhausts way behind me as I fly, so now no fumes. I will let everyone know how this works. I plan to use it very efficiently, and truly I can weed eat most of my accounts in 3 to 5 minutes with 3 minutes blow off.......
Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i have a craftsman 19.2v battery powered hedge trimmer. i have 4 batteries since i also have craftsman drills, impact wrench, etc. each battery lasts about 30-45 min. i don't do alot of shrub trimming so it works great for me since it's so light.

i imagine one day everything we use will be electric or something like that. they have a long way to go though. there are already electric push mowers, ztrs, etc. out there. the deal breaker right now is the run time. once they get a battery to last 8hrs or more then it will really take off. right now most mowers only last 1-1/12hrs on batteries which is only good enough for a homeowner with a small yard.