Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Sponsor

AccuLawn Systems Instant Online Quoting Software

Can you all give me some feedback after reviewing the demo video at www.acculawnsystems.com what your thoughts are of this technology? Do you think it would help you grow your mowing, fertilization, aeration and overseeding business? If you have questions, please email us at info@acculawnsystems.com.

Last edited by acculawnsystems; 04-17-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Interesting idea, but would be concerned that the people who would be interested in the feature would be shopping primarily by price.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Sponsor

I think that price is one of the variables but many decide on references as well. Since this technology will be part of your site, you can also post you references.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Sponsor

Since the instant quote feature will be connected to your website, your potential customers will be able to look up references if you have them on your site. They an also get an instant quote and sign up for services right then and there. You will receive an email that a customer has signed up with there contact info. You can call or email the new customer to organize them on your route.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2012, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Interesting, but couldn't you have chosen a better looking mower to put on your site.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Sponsor

Ha. I guess we could have.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2012, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Typed in an address and received an error message telling me

"We currently do not provide estimates for lots of your size.
Due to specific features of your yard and/or landscaping, we are not able to provide an instant quote at this time. Please email us directly with your property address and we will be happy to arrange for a manual measurement and quote in a timely manner.

Thank you,
OPEN ZIP CODE
Support@acculawnsystems.com
info@acculawnsystems.com"

The other problem I have is what mapping search engine do you use? I know many addresses here are incorrectly identified by Bing, Google, Garmin, and TomTom. It seems as though these services find it extremely difficult when a person's physical address is part of a state rt as in 123456 State Route 21.

Take this address for example. It is a real address. It is a home for sale on realtor.com and I know where it is really located. 26105 Ripley Rd Mount Alto, WV 25264 if you type that address into google it brings up a point on rt 2 between Co.Rt. 13 and Co.Rt. 20 when the address is typed into Bing the point is on rt 2 but east of Co.Rt. 13. The actual house is about 10miles from the point on Bing's map and about 8 miles from the point on google's map. The actual home is on Rt 2 but is located west of the intersection of Rt. 2 and Rt. 87. This is a major problem if I was to purchase your service. I would have to go out manually and measure or the mapping feature would measure the wrong address giving my customer a price that would not be correct and I would still have to go out and manually measure.

Also, how do you take into account elevation changes in a yard? I have looked at google street view before thinking I could get a mower on a slope only to realize once I was there to do the actual estimate a string trimmer is the only way.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Sponsor

All good points, however we do not use bing or google to give sq footage of a lawn. Also, we do not give a square footage of lawn greater than 1 acre and that is why you are seeing that message.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acculawnsystems View Post
All good points, however we do not use bing or google to give sq footage of a lawn. Also, we do not give a square footage of lawn greater than 1 acre and that is why you are seeing that message.
Posted via Mobile Device
That eliminates almost 100% of potential customers in my area.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Member

How are you accounting for variable cost differences between different zip codes? I would be worried that the costing done here to generate a quote would not be accurate to local conditions.

Tags
aeration , fertilization , mowing , over seeding , quotes