Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2012, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Need help finding thread about non-paying customer

I saw a thread on here about a year ago regarding a non paying customer. The business owner went back and removed the 10 plus pallets of pavers due to non payment. They had trucks,18 wheelers and forklifts and probably a 10 man crew. The video was on youtube.

I have tried searching google,lawnsite and youtube with any and all keywords with no luck.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I remember that. I think this is the Youtube link. Not sure where the thread is though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REly3j7TM6s
Old 11-10-2012, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
I remember that. I think this is the Youtube link. Not sure where the thread is though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REly3j7TM6s
Awesome vid!!!

I had a non-payer for a spring clean-up/mulch job a couple years ago. I always wanted to take the mulch back and dump the leaves and debris I removed back on the property.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Unfortunately, in most places once something is installed it becomes the property of the property owner and you could be arrested for theft if you try to repo it.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Unfortunately, in most places once something is installed it becomes the property of the property owner and you could be arrested for theft if you try to repo it.
Yup, exactly what I was advised.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

It is unfortunately a serious situation, I dislike having to spend more (free) time on something I should have already gotten paid for but I also find it my duty to take as much time as needed to give all of the below and more serious consideration.

When I collect, it's usually because I went after them tooth and nail.
But, I don't always go after them.

I find a lot of things that are unfortunately against the law but how harsh a sheriff, a deputy, or a judge is likely to view things in light of them not having paid me, how much they owe me, what am I going to do to them, will it cause permanent damage, are they crazier than I am, how much time does my offense carry... How exactly it came about, are they really trying to skip out or could it be a misunderstanding (failing to understand that I need to get paid what we agreed on upon job completion does not qualify as a misunderstanding, but having thought they only meant the front yard and I did the whole thing MIGHT, just as an example).

All those things and more always weigh heavily in consideration of what I decide to do next.

Last edited by herler; 11-10-2012 at 04:29 PM.