Register free!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Sponsor

AccuLawn Systems Instant Online Quoting Software

Can you all give me some feedback after reviewing the video at www.acculawnsystems.com, if you think that this technology would be helpful in helping you grow your fertilization program business? If you have any questions please email us at info@acculawnsystems.com.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Print was too small to see what I was looking at. Does sales lead try to measure his own lawn?
Impressive to be sure.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Sponsor

The system that we have designed measures the lawn. The lawn care company enters there square footage pricing and it gives a potential customer an instant online quote. The potential customer can then agree to terms and sign up.

We have tested this with a few lawn care services and they have seen incredible results. One reported 47 new lawn mowing contracts in the last 3 weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the idea is great, but not applicable unless you have a large client base with the ability to automatically send several bad quotes. I dont know how the software works. I assume it is on a SF basis, but I dont believe it can take into consideration obstacles, drainage issues, turf issues, and most importantly PIA issues..haha. I understand the concept, but I never give a quote over the phone, only in person. If it is just an estimate, I understand, but if I was a consumer, I would expect that estimate to be the price, or very close. Often times, the added personal touch of meeting the customer seals the deal, especially in my case because my prices are higher than others in my area, but my quality and knowledge helps sell my work.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Sponsor

There is a section that you can ask questions to the customer such as do you have a fence or a ditch. You can also add an additional coat associated with those obsticles. Also in the
Terms of agreement you can add that additional costs may arrise if there are such obsticles.

Meeting with people is great if you can agree on a convenient te to meet. Sometimes it is not for a few days and you miss your chance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree with reddens,

unless you are a large company, that can absorb this misqoutes and / or cancels easily

price cannot be qouted on aproximate sq ft alone

ex . i have some easy 20k sq ft properties that
are billed at the same price as some 8k properties with difficulties(pool areas/slopes, inaccessable etc....)

time is just as big a factor as cost of materials

but it is interesting, and may work great for some
Old 04-22-2012, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you are pulling addresses online using bing maps there are things like people that clear and area and add lawn, so I send a quote on an old map and get there and there is additional area, or the mapping is showing the wrong house, even my gps is wrong a lot of time. How do you address these issues? What if the customer is an idiot and measures the wrong house thinking he is measuring his when he is measuring the neighbors?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Sponsor

It is an automated system that does not have anything to do with bing maps. There are no issues of measuring the wrong house. Thank you for you feedback.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2012, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

How old are the maps you use and how do you determine lawn area when there is a lot of tree cover? Is it something where we put a link from our website?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Sponsor

The data is updated quarterly. Therefore, they are very current. Trees are not an issue. Finally, the link is not only on your website but AccuLawn will be driving people to your estimate page as well which will increase the amount of bids you give and contracts the system closes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
estimating software , fertilization , fertilizer program , quotes