Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acculawnsystems View Post
Thanks for your insight. We appreciate your feedback. This technology is able to figure the square footage of a particular property. That is the advantage that this software offers. If there are unforeseen issues like large ditches trim ect, you always will have the capability of increasing your price and that will be added to the terms of agreement. However, those type of properties are rear and the majority of the work you get is very standard. We will also have a section that you can ask any question to the customer such as do you have a ditch or a fence etc so that you can increase your price based on those replies. Again, thanks for your feedback.
Posted via Mobile Device

What would be your advantage over say goilawn that was a sponser or is a sponser on here? I have used their service several times for total lawn resod jobs....the numbers are accurate the tools are easy to use and I only pay for what I use?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Sponsor

Your customers do not have to wait for mowing, fertilization, aeration and overseeding quotes etc...They have instant access to the information and pricing and can make a decision when it is HOT. This leads to more estimates and more contracts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2012, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I wouldn't use that even if it were free. I have to see the lawn myself. What's the big rush anyway to give immediate estimates? I can be there to give an estimate same day I get a call in most cases. That's quick enough. Even if I had to give an immediate estimate, I would pull up Google Earth before using that. At least on Google Earth you can sort of tell how much trimming there is. But still, I have to see it in person

Last edited by FlemingIslandLawnService; 04-18-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Sponsor

Thank you for your feedback. That may work if they call you first but not if they go to a competitors website with the the capability of giving instant quotes and agree to a contract right then and there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
However, those type of properties are rear and the majority of the work you get is very standard.
I can see how this would work in cookie cutter sub divisions but these types of properties (where no two are the same) are the norm for me. Both here in North Carolina and when I lived in Maryland. If it's one thing I have learned over the years, giving estimates like this or over the phone is a sure way to get burned.

Thank you for answering my questions.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Your customers do not have to wait for mowing, fertilization, aeration and overseeding quotes etc...They have instant access to the information and pricing and can make a decision when it is HOT. This leads to more estimates and more contracts.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have to be honest in telling you that I simply do not see this being a huge tool to make money for most. A couple reasons why.

1. If you are using it for mowing there are tooooo many variables that need to be taken into consideration to give a flat price over the net.
2. If it used for fert and pest control - too many variables such as is the lawn in horrible shape now requiring more inputs to recover and of course if the customer is going to be a PITA
3. Again on lawn care.....at least down here many people want their shrub trimming included in their price....you can not accurately set up pricing for this as different types of shrubs have different growth rates and require different trimming.
4. For sod estimates.....is there lots of grading that is going to be more than can be done quickly with landscape rake? Has there been a layover which means more dirt/debris removal.

That is just a few. If you want my honest opinion on how to use some of your tools you have access to there....go to goilawn and look at there model. If you could offer unlimited measurments for zip code for a better fee than they do I am sure you would see much more demand for your tools you currently have.

With all that said ....MIZ.......

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
I have to be honest in telling you that I simply do not see this being a huge tool to make money for most. A couple reasons why.

1. If you are using it for mowing there are tooooo many variables that need to be taken into consideration to give a flat price over the net.
2. If it used for fert and pest control - too many variables such as is the lawn in horrible shape now requiring more inputs to recover and of course if the customer is going to be a PITA
3. Again on lawn care.....at least down here many people want their shrub trimming included in their price....you can not accurately set up pricing for this as different types of shrubs have different growth rates and require different trimming.
4. For sod estimates.....is there lots of grading that is going to be more than can be done quickly with landscape rake? Has there been a layover which means more dirt/debris removal.

That is just a few. If you want my honest opinion on how to use some of your tools you have access to there....go to goilawn and look at there model. If you could offer unlimited measurments for zip code for a better fee than they do I am sure you would see much more demand for your tools you currently have.

With all that said ....MIZ.......
Exactly! You have to see it in person and see stuff like will your mower fit through the gate, how many obstacles there are to trim around as well as the type, number, and size of bushes/trees. Also what if the grass was a foot tall and hadn't been edged/trimmed in 6 months? LOL
Old 04-18-2012, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thank you for your feedback. That may work if they call you first but not if they go to a competitors website with the the capability of giving instant quotes and agree to a contract right then and there.
Posted via Mobile Device
My competitors don't even have websites so that's nothing to worry about. Even if they had websites I don't think they would give instant quotes for the same reasons none of us on lawnsite would
Old 04-18-2012, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Seems like a complete waste of money. Just like the lame 1800 mow my lawn scam that went around here for a while.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is this for real? No contact information on the website, no privacy policy, just a form asking for personal information.

Last edited by frotis; 04-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Tags
aeration , estimates , fertilization , mowing , quoting bidding