Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatt View Post
FWIW, Captan is not compatible with dormant oil spray. I use Manzate instaid on the first application @ silver tip/green shoot.
Before I go buying more box store fungicides and insecticides I might give Southern Ag a call tomorrow.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 04-22-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
Before I go buying more box store fungicides and insecticides I might give Southern Ag a call tomorrow.
There is nothing in a big box store that would interest me in regards to chemicals.

Around here I go to Crop Production Services. They specialize in apples around here and have been extremely helpful in regards to advice and having the proper things you will need.

I'll shoot you a PM later. I am going to spray the first cover spray on my apples right now and then caliberate a Lesco spray gun I just purchased.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
There is nothing in a big box store that would interest me in regards to chemicals.

Around here I go to Crop Production Services. They specialize in apples around here and have been extremely helpful in regards to advice and having the proper things you will need.

I'll shoot you a PM later. I am going to spray the first cover spray on my apples right now and then caliberate a Lesco spray gun I just purchased.
Thanks Yatt, that would be appreciated. A spray schedule and what to use and when would be helpful. I know the guy with the University of Kentucky means well, but is only providing info redily available to consumers.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Yatt, I tried to PM you and Yes I got your messaage in my profile.

So, here is most but not all of what I tried to send, maybe someone else can clearify this part up?

Quote:
1. Yatt has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Yatt from the recipient list and send the message again.
I'm wondering if you have to have so many posts before you can use it or not? Anyhow, click on the username in any thread and should get a dropdown box with options which include View public profile, Send PM, find all post by member and add to contact list.

I checked for Imidan on Southern Ag's site here
http://www.southernag.com/cm_fungicides.html

They have it but I bet its an arm and a leg as I have heard of it on the board before and used on lawns also for fungus but I fail to see how it would help for plum curculio which is an insect right?

Then God created Women
Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Imidan is a insecticide....a very good one for fruit trees.....Personally, the best fruit tree mix i came up with was....
Imidan, Nova and Dithane.....Imidan is a very HOT insecticide, but super effective for fruit insects...coddling moth, apple maggot, circullo....pretty much every pest possible on a fruit tree. The Nova and the dithane were a great combo of fungicides.....You just have to make sure that the version you have is labeled for fruit trees.....They are sticklers like that.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Also don't forget to use your spreader / stickers in your mix....makes chemicals up to 50% more effective....!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by all things green View Post
Imidan is a insecticide....a very good one for fruit trees.....Personally, the best fruit tree mix i came up with was....
Imidan, Nova and Dithane.....Imidan is a very HOT insecticide, but super effective for fruit insects...coddling moth, apple maggot, circullo....pretty much every pest possible on a fruit tree. The Nova and the dithane were a great combo of fungicides.....You just have to make sure that the version you have is labeled for fruit trees.....They are sticklers like that.
How come it is listed at Southern Ag as a "Commercial Fungicides"?

Quote:
40514 IMIDAN 70 WSP
I'm going to give them a call now for a price and get some more info.

Then God created Women
Old 04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ok guys I hit a brick wall,
$10.44 per Lb ok fine but its hazardous to ship and was going to have to be shipped via freight???

Shipping was going to run close to $70 so there went that idea but any of you know if that is the case? Is it hazardous to ship, the first guy I spoke with and got the price was ready to place the order but when I called back we'll someone threw a can in the fan

Then God created Women
Old 04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, I guess I'm back to liquid seven guys. I called Southern Ag back and double checked after finding the stuff on E-Bay

I'm not going to pay $80 for it though and thats what it would be after frieght or bought off e-bay

Plus, from Gowan's MSDS
Quote:
DOT Classification
UN 3077, Environmentally Hazardous Substance, Solid, N.O.S., (Phosmet), 9, PG III
I tried Southern States locally and they want me to buy a dam case which is what I figured, SS has always been a rip off or don't know anything 90% of the time.

Then God created Women
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Member

I know when i had even a flake of imidan on my truck I had to carry Shipping papers for it....even so the RQ on Phosmet is super, super low.....Still and all best fruit insecticide i have ever used.