Register free!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by all things green View Post
Also don't forget to use your spreader / stickers in your mix....makes chemicals up to 50% more effective....!
So are you talking a non ionic surfactant and acidifying/buffering agent such as Li-700? We have pretty high PH in the water so I always use it to alleviate hydrolysis of the insecticide and fungicide.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
Ok guys I hit a brick wall,
$10.44 per Lb ok fine but its hazardous to ship and was going to have to be shipped via freight???

Shipping was going to run close to $70 so there went that idea but any of you know if that is the case? Is it hazardous to ship, the first guy I spoke with and got the price was ready to place the order but when I called back we'll someone threw a can in the fan
Off the top of my head, seem like I paid $50 or $60 bucks and it was either four or five pounds I can't remember. CPS has it in stock and there is no shipping.

I'll know shortly, I used the last of Sunday on the first cover spray for the apples.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Member

non-ionic surfactant.....PH is a local issue, here the PH is 7or a touch less...not so much an issue...But those are all things you need to consider based on local knowledge...SO if u need to buffer then , u buffer..I was speaking strictly about spreader/ stickers....
Old 04-27-2012, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatt View Post
Off the top of my head, seem like I paid $50 or $60 bucks and it was either four or five pounds I can't remember. CPS has it in stock and there is no shipping.

I'll know shortly, I used the last of Sunday on the first cover spray for the apples.
Hey Yatt
Check my profile messages I think that should solve your problem with the PM

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 05-07-2012, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey guys

Totally new problem, just started about 5 or 6 days ago.

Contacted the guy at University of KY Dept. of Horticulture and at the time was told bacterial spot disease but think this is way past bacterial spot disease now?

Seems like all the leaves are falling off the peach tree's but the fruit don't seem to be affected?

Idea's, sugestions??
Attached Images

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 05-07-2012, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Does not look like bacterial leaf spot to me.
http://www.caf.wvu.edu/kearneysville.../ombactsp.html
However, it could be spray injury. I think the above source mentions injury from Captan. I don't understand--why would they suggest Captan if it was so likely to cause injury?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
However, it could be spray injury. I think the above source mentions injury from Captan. I don't understand--why would they suggest Captan if it was so likely to cause injury?
Riggle,
I had my suspicions it was captan but had nothing to prove it because it started shortly after I sprayed last Tuesday.

Some April fools juke hu?
Quote:
April 1, 2012
• Repeat application of Immunox and Malathion along with Seven at a rate of 3 oz per gallon and Captan at 6.5 Tablespoons per 2 gallon mixed all together and spayed at once.

Then God created Women
Old 05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, even makes more sence now why the grape vine looks like it too got hit with herbicide drift and I put all the herbs in the cabinet long time ago.

I sprayed it with the captan also.

Then God created Women
Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Riggle, got a response back from my contact at the U of KY and sent him the same pics I posted and more.

He still says bacterial leaf spot.
The reason for the captan I am told is its the best choice for home growers that still takes care of most fungus.

And YES that was after I sent him the link to the PDF you posted and asked directly if it could be mistaken for Captan injury

Then God created Women
Old 05-26-2012, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Well first confirmation I have its not captan, finally found a label with a bit more specific and clear wording on the mix. He has me spraying 6.5 tablespoons to 4 gallon.

This comes off a southern ag label which is a lot stronger mix then I'm spraying:
Quote:
PEACH: (Brown Rot, Scab)-Use 2 level tablespoons
per gallon of water in pink, full bloom, petal fall, shuck
shed, cover and preharvest stages. Spray 1 to 2 pints for
small/dwarf trees, 1 to 2 quarts per medium size tree,
and 1 to 3 gallons for large/mature trees. Repeat
applications at 7 to 14 day intervals as needed to
maintain cover. Continue applications through harvest if
conditions favor brown rot.

Then God created Women