Register free!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oviedo View Post
Do you recommend a 4 day per week cycle on Argentine as far as water? (meaning dry season anyway). Hoping to get something going soon over here.
Never. Your Argentine Bahia at best needs only 1/2" of rain per week. Any additional irrigation other than what nature can provide will cause many additional problems.
easy-lift guy
Old 05-04-2012, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Ric, are you talking about the Red Hawk, http://www.landandfarm.com/property/..._RANCH-417704/

Pretty sure they graze the cattle in cross fenced pastures back away from the highway, less chance of rustling. As far as total percentages of different types of cattle I wouldn't know but the ranches I mow are probably 2/3 Angus on grass with supplemental minerals and 1/3 scrub with a longhorn bull with some supplemental minerals. One ranch I drive by has a herd Charolais cattle on grass at least some of the time, have no idea what else they are feeding.
Yes I meant Red Hawk Ranch. I was kind of surprised at the Price of $ 7900 per acre @ 605 acres. I didn't realize it was for sale. Right after Hurricane Charlie some of that property was selling for closer to $ 30,000 an acre. The other thing that surprised me was Red Hank is only 605 acres. I was thinking it was a lot bigger. I believe the Wood fence and stone enterance on 769 makes the ranch look bigger.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.