Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-05-2012, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Help with purchase of new mower (Husq. PZ series)

I currently have 2 Cub cadet tanks, 60 and 72 inch models. I am currently looking at selling and purchasing the new husqvarna pz series mowers.

What are your thoughts? I think they look MUCH better built than the new tanks, but I dont know anyone who runs the new PZ series mower.

Any help with info would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks you,
Mario
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you think of commercial John Deere ZTRs?

The Husqvarna PZ will mow just as well at a better price point.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

They are awesome I have the Dixon version. Tuff mower, take alook at the spindle assembly its huge you wont find that on any other mower. The deck Is nice, 7 gauge and cuts like a dream. Ride is great also. They are a well built machine you can go wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Member

I had 2 units in the past... 2003 model 61 inch and a 72 inch tunnel ram deck and it was junk!!! This new model looks AWESOME! Thanks for the info!

Can you purchase a strip kit for these new decks?

Also what size center hole are the blades? 5/8 I hope.......

M

Last edited by PROCUTS LAWNCARE; 03-05-2012 at 10:52 AM. Reason: more words
Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I wish more dealers would carry the commercial line of Husqvarna mowers. They look like nice machines.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The new PZ decks are nothing like the tunnel ram decks of the past. The PZ deck is truly commercial rated and performs well. Maybe Jim Q can post some pics of the decks.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Who is Jim Q? Can I PM him? Is that his name on here?

Thanks,
M
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There also found in red ( yazoo) or blue ( Dixon). They have a few differences like the Dixon has pneumatic front caster tires n the Pz they are solid.

I'm not sure bout the blade hole size. But that sounds right
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2012, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=PROCUTS LAWNCARE;4337519]Who is Jim Q? Can I PM him? Is that his name on here? M( /Quote )

Jim was an engineer for husqvarna at the Beatrice plant until they moved to SC. You can PM him but I'm not sure hes on here much any more.

Look up his thread he started around March of 2010. I think it was st like " New husqvarna Pz mid mount". He had lots of pictures and explains slot about the machine. You can also look up my thread " my new pet grizzly bear" it has pics of my 2010 Dixon grizzly ( dx200).

[size=]Posted via Mobile Device[/size]
Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Member

About the PZ

Check out my post here:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...=1#post4339024

...and search for my other posts about MY opinion of the PZ. If you've had a Husky in the past, and it wasn't a PZ, you haven't had ANYTHING to compare it to. I would have never bought a Husky...until the PZ. And yeah, the blade hole is 5/8, and I've tried SEVERAL blades, and the blade that works best with the mulching kit....yeah, you SURELY want that...are the flat, medium lift with the flip-up on the end of the blade, at Express Mower Parts....$9.95 a blade made from .250 steel, Part # 26-021HT. Or the Hustler ones from the same site, Part # 26-072EL come in at a really close second, the only difference being slightly narrower flip, and slightly less cutting edge...I'd be satisfied with it, though, if I couldn't get the first one. Same price. I tried just about everything that would fit on it, and it SAYS for a 61 inch deck, but don't let that worry you. This thing cuts EVERY BIT as clean as my Ultracut does, which likes the Oregon Hump blades, but with the extra power, it just won't stop! The humps didn't cut nearly as well on my PZ...it's all about deck design and airflow (vacuum), and those Gators with the "fingers" SUCKED BIG TIME...a set comes with the mulching kit, but they left a BUNCH of stragglers sticking up. I'll never use them, ever. Just my 2-cents...seems like when I start to make a short comment, I just can't help rambling, but I just get so wired talking about this mower...and search for my post about by-passing the seat safety switch, trust me...you'll be glad you did. It's not defeated by just a jumper, like my Exmark. PHEW....OK, I'm done. Ride and compare, and hold that price tag in your hand....you'll do the right thing *smile* !
--David Innis