Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2012, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by acculawnsystems View Post
Sorry, I have not been back to this thread in a while. You are more than welcome to trial the system for 30 days with no obligation so you can see how it works. We have a free Android, iPad and iPhone app that will allow for you to email customers instant quote when they call and you are out in the field. Check it out at AccuLawnsystems.com.
Posted via Mobile Device
I hope you don't mind if I play the Devil's Advocate. Besides the objections already Posted, My question is how are my potential Customers going to find your website?? I sure have not heard of it except for here. If you hadn't posted today I wouldn't even know about your service because I even forgot I posted on this thread.

I don't cut grass, I only Do Pest Control and I am even trying to get away from Lawn Spraying and do more structural and Fire Ant Pest control. Therefore Advertising is a concern of mine for the first time in a long while. Google ad word and the Yellow pages have been well worth the expense. But Advertising dollar must justify them self's and I don't see giving blind Low Ball prices over the Internet as very Pragmatic.

In Edit let me ad Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) is giving a tad better than the expected 1 to 2 % results. What I like about it is I can target even gated comunities for $ 0.145 each. Add in my printing cost of $ 0.06 and the cost is $ 0.205 per customer.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Last edited by Ric; 11-10-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Sponsor

You set your own prices based on sq footage of the lawn. If you want to "low ball" you can or if you would like to set it up so that you give pricing where you will profit, you can do that as well. Your advertising is what drives new customers to your site where they can receive instant online quotes for the services you provide. We are working on our SEO and gaining momentum so that we can drive customers to your business. We have developed this method after 13 years in the lawn care industry as an LCO and have used this method for the last 3 years with much success. If you are going to invest in a site, I would recommend attaching an instant online quoting feature that will allow for customers to give instant online quotes right from your website. You are more than welcome to trial the system for 30 days with no obligation so you can see how it works. We also have a free Android, iPad and iPhone app that will allow for you to email customers instant quotes when they call and you are out in the field. Check it out at AccuLawnsystems.com.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by acculawnsystems View Post
You set your own prices based on sq footage of the lawn. If you want to "low ball" you can or if you would like to set it up so that you give pricing where you will profit, you can do that as well. Your advertising is what drives new customers to your site where they can receive instant online quotes for the services you provide. We are working on our SEO and gaining momentum so that we can drive customers to your business. We have developed this method after 13 years in the lawn care industry as an LCO and have used this method for the last 3 years with much success. If you are going to invest in a site, I would recommend attaching an instant online quoting feature that will allow for customers to give instant online quotes right from your website. You are more than welcome to trial the system for 30 days with no obligation so you can see how it works. We also have a free Android, iPad and iPhone app that will allow for you to email customers instant quotes when they call and you are out in the field. Check it out at AccuLawnsystems.com.
Posted via Mobile Device
OK let get this straight. All You are offering a Math program that gives customers prices based on their property size that attaches to my Website???

Why would I want to pay you $ 20.00 a month for something I could post myself on my Website? It might not be as fancy, but it would work. In fact I could very easily make a chart. Of course then my competitors would also know my prices the same as your program.

The truth of the matter is I want PERSONAL CONTACT when I give a Price. In case you are not aware it is called salesmanship. Which is a factor you are leaving out of your sales pitch to us.

BTW I taught Materials Calculation at a Local State Community College

Formula Biddig is Sq Ft Price X Property size = Price, and is not Rocket Science???

I tried to promote cost plus bidding to my students rather than Formula Bidding. I always told my students they would Win ever bid including the ones they didn't get and lose money on. Formula Bidding doesn't account for degree of difficulty. You can't Mow a 45 Degree incline for the same price as a lot as Flat and Level as a Billiard table.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Formula Bidding doesn't account for degree of difficulty. You can't Mow a 45 Degree incline for the same price as a lot as Flat and Level as a Billiard table.

Ric,
I completely applaud you on this one response! It seems to me that I am being beaten out of the race by new LCO startups that don't practice this simple common sense tactic. They are basing a cost by measurements and not by level of difficulty.
SO, rather than try to beat their prices and destroy my equipment, I let these guys do the work the first year and see what happens. By then, the price cap has been placed on the property and no one will make any money later on.

I am going to visit the original posters site to make a observation for myself.
Thanks Ric for the responses.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I like to keep it simple. What's wrong with old time customer service. This is what its all about. Making that customer relationship is so important. My business is not too big too fail. So there is no bail-out for me. hahaha... personal service is my way. Customers want to put a face with a name..
Old 11-11-2012, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
Formula Bidding doesn't account for degree of difficulty. You can't Mow a 45 Degree incline for the same price as a lot as Flat and Level as a Billiard table.

Ric,
I completely applaud you on this one response! It seems to me that I am being beaten out of the race by new LCO startups that don't practice this simple common sense tactic. They are basing a cost by measurements and not by level of difficulty.
SO, rather than try to beat their prices and destroy my equipment, I let these guys do the work the first year and see what happens. By then, the price cap has been placed on the property and no one will make any money later on.

I am going to visit the original posters site to make a observation for myself.
Thanks Ric for the responses.
My English Grammar might not be the best but I taught "Materials Calculation" which is all about Estimating.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Sponsor

Customer Service and Relationship with Customers

I completely agree that customer service and establishing a relationship is very important. Once you get the contract you will still need to contact the client to get to know them better and see if there are any other needs that they have. Also, you need to let them know that they are on your route and give them specifics such as dates they will be serviced. You will still need to perform your services with the highest quality in mind. You will still need to answer a customers questions in an intelligent and timely fashion.

After 16 years in business as an LCO, we know what it takes to keep the customer happy. We simply use this method so that we can grow our business to serve more customers while keeping customer service as a top priority. This method does not eliminate the need to provide your service to the best of your ability and does not eliminate the fact that you need to do everything possible to make the customer happy and establish a strong relationship. You will have their contact information after they sign up, so I encourage you to contact the customer and make them aware that you are wanting to provide exceptional customer service.

Our findings after using this system for the past 3 seasons, is that the customer appreciates the instant on-line quoting feature that our system provides. They appreciate the convenience of receiving a quote in a timely fashion so that they can make a decision at their convenience. We also provide a iPad, iPhone, and Android App so that the LCO can email quotes to their potential customers when they call. The customer no longer has to wait for you to get back to them and it shows that you are willing to accommodate their needs by having the information that they are requesting when they are requesting it.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Is this service one we can turn off and on like google hits? Meaning If I don't want to pay for it 12 month out of the year can I deactivate for a few of my slow months?

Reading the website..the quote can be e-mailed instead of showing up on the website? Is that correct?

Is there any set-up fees? or is pricing based solely on the zips you purchase? Is there a pay per click as well?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Sponsor

Yes, you can discontinue at anytime.

Yes, you can email the quote instead.

No set up fees. You only pay for the the monthly fee of the zips you reserve.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2012, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Who do I contact for more info?