Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2012, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I went to look at the 223 today along with another one exactly like it. But different model number. The shaft was way to short. Im 6'4" and it was just not long enough for me so those 2 are definitly out.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tanaka is the only manufacturer that I know off that makes an extended reach trimmer for people over 6 ft tall. It's kinda expensive.

See it here: http://www.wisesales.com/tanaka-exte...l-trimmer.html
http://www.klawns.com
Old 04-22-2012, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Guys, quit complaining you're too tall, give me a few inches and we'll all be happy camper!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

it says in the owners manual of my Husky 323L that I have to take it to the dealer after 10 tanks of fuel to get the carburetor adjusted. so my question is, after the carburetor is adjusted does it make the engine stronger ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-22-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe all they do is lean out the mixture so it will rev a little higher
http://www.klawns.com
Old 04-23-2012, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a pain to use it then take it back so they can mess with the engine after it gets broken in
Old 04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Member

I've had my 323L for nearly 8 years now. Never had the carb adjusted. Actually has I'm writing this it is starting to have some issues with the carb I think. Like it has a hole in the feed line or something. Will die out for no reason. Choked it and it starts back up with no problem. Saw no holes or cracks in the feed line so may be it's the diaphram in the carb Still after 8 years not bad.

Kevin
Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

well i took the plunge today and ordered a husqvarna 324LDX trimmer. got it around $400 from my dealer. i picked up the edger attachment for around $100. so for $500 i got a honda 4stroke trimmer and an edger which is pretty good i guess. the husqvarna 224L is the same thing only it's just a trimmer and doesn't accept attachments. it costs around $325. the husqvarna 327LDX is the 2 stroke version that accepts attachments. 327L is just the trimmer only. there's other attachments i may get down the road like the pole saw attachment or hedge trimmer attachment. it's basically like the stihl kombi system i guess just husqvarna's version of it. i always wondered why honda didn't make edgers with their trimmer engines but i guess i got one now. i'll be picking it up this weekend.

Last edited by weeze; 04-24-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
well i took the plunge today and ordered a husqvarna 324LDX trimmer. got it around $400 from my dealer. i picked up the edger attachment for around $100. so for $500 i got a honda 4stroke trimmer and an edger which is pretty good i guess. the husqvarna 224L is the same thing only it's just a trimmer and doesn't accept attachments. it costs around $325. the husqvarna 327LDX is the 2 stroke version that accepts attachments. 327L is just the trimmer only. there's other attachments i may get down the road like the pole saw attachment or hedge trimmer attachment. it's basically like the stihl kombi system i guess just husqvarna's version of it. i always wondered why honda didn't make edgers with their trimmer engines but i guess i got one now. i'll be picking it up this weekend.
I'll take Husky any time of the day. Husky has perfect reliability record. They are a lot lighter. Husky combi has one of the most important attachment in my book......Short reach articulate hedge attachment. Both Echo and Stihl don't have that. With the hedge attachment, you can do lower hedges like boxwood where the long reach is too long to have good control. Unless you do a lot of hedge trimming, this is all you need. I have been doing boxwood for a few years with just the Shindaiwa version of this.

Just remember, Honda GX25 or GX35 can run in any position, but you cannot store it up side down or on the side. Because when the engine is not running, the compression ring do not form a perfect seal and oil will sip through the rings and get into the combustion chamber. If you leave it on the side for two or three days, it might even prevent the engine from turning. It won't damage the engine, in the extreme case, you take out the plug, pour out the oil and it will start right up. Just smoke a little and it's all good. This applies to all 4 strokes engine with separate oil. You just need to be aware of this is it is not an issue at all. Don't listen to people that said Honda GX25 cannot run in all positions.....it can, it's designed for that. I have GX25 and GX31 engines and I know.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i've heard you talk about the storing issue before. i've never had any troubles with my trimmer but i always store it right side up sitting on the floor so i guess that's why. i do know they run in any position as i've used the trimmer to edge upside down without any issues.

i can see the hedge trimmer attachment coming in handy as well as the pole saw for low hanging tree limbs so i'll look to get those in the future.