Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

You would have to look at Jobbers contact management system. Its pretty slick and helps stay organized and keeps stuff from falling through cracks and missed sales... I have used quickbooks for years, over 10.... it just is not industry specific enough.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh and Quickbooks online is somewhat limited for the ipad which is my main tool of use for payments, quotes, invoices, scheduling etc..
Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thx, I will have to check out Jobbers I'm growing by leaps and bounds and am feeling very unorganized at the moment, of which I hate.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Member

So, correct me if I'm wrong but, any airprint compatible printer will allow you to print directly from an iphone/ipad without a wifi network or hotspot?

Basically an airprint printer will show up as an option on my phone even without a network?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know if its airprint or just ad hoc capability... But yes.... Buy the printer and turn it on, then look at your ipad wi-fi networks available, and "hpsetup" something or another comes up, click on it and its like you connected to the printer and it is the network. Then selecet print in whatever app you want and the printer comes up and prints.

Jobber creates a pdf invoice and pops up from the net before i can print, so when i printed directly to the printer i would have to use whatever wifi internet source and get the pdf page up, then flip back to settings and switch to the printer as network and select print then go back to the wifi net source to continue surfing.

But with the iphone as a personal hotspot, it links all devices together and I can print from either ipad or iphone and still be connected to the net.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks, it's a confusing topic as a lot of the info on the web is slightly outdated.

Basically I just need to make sure the printer supports airplay and can create an ad hoc network.

As the demand for this solution is increasing hopefully we see some new products hit the market.

Be nice to have a printer made as small as possible, with mobile support & a 12V adapter