Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 04-22-2012, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Member

fastrak hustler

I own a 44" fastrak for my home use only and been having a problem the last few years with the battery being drained after not being used for a few days and I read somewhere I cant remember, that other fastrak owners had the same problem and that there was a fix to the problem, is that something I can do myself ? any parts that need to be replaced? the place where I purchased it is no longer in business and I 'm handy in fixing things.
Thanks for your help
Old 04-23-2012, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We really need to know what the cause is first, is it a older weak battery? a charging system that is not charging all the way, is it a clutch pulling to many amps?
Bad connections / ground?
Which model do you have? what is your model and serial #?

Pj
Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Its been draining batteries and I mean batteries because I purchased several in the past couple of years I dont' have any charging equipment the current battery is 1 year old, the connections and wires are all original like I mentioned above I did a search on it and there were other fastrak owners having the same problem I just would like to know the fix the model is a Fastrak Z 44" Model # 926519
serial# 02037083

Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

To find the fix we need to do some testing, to isolate the area the problem is in.
You reference some owners with the same problem, can you link those here so I can see what the posts say?

Pj
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's one,
http://www.lawnsite.com/archive/index.php/t-99767.html
Old 04-25-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ok.
This was a isolated issue in the post you linked.
It was a Honda supplied rectifier issue.
You need to test the draw on the battery with the key in the off position.
We need to see if there is excessive amperage draw with ignition key in off position.
The rectifier should draw less than 0.008 amps.

Email me and I will email you back the information to test the draw on the battery.

Pj