Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wright Stander rh

Im think about getting a Stander rh in a 36" to speed things up. What do y'all thoughts or input.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Member

i was looking at one too. i do all residential so i was torn between exmark 34 stander and the wright 36. I just don't want to buy a mower that wont fit into the gates. And im too new to deny work just because my mower don't fit lol.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnieobrien View Post
i was looking at one too. i do all residential so i was torn between exmark 34 stander and the wright 36. I just don't want to buy a mower that wont fit into the gates. And im too new to deny work just because my mower don't fit lol.
Yeah same and I need a 36 that wont rut the yards up.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i recently purchased a 2012 36'' RH stander, first thing you need to do is swap blades for some gator g6's or high lifts. its nice having the RH option, but it does sacrifice some hill stability. up and down hills is the way to go and don't plan on turning around in the middle of one. kinda the nature of most standers though. I'm pleased with it, it does fit through gates and will make quick work of the yard. mine has the newer 18hp kawasaki and i haven't been able to bog it down yet. I'd buy another RH, but i'd definitely want to demo it and the fixed deck side by side to get a better idea of the difference in hill holding capability. pretty much from what i've read no 36'' (RH or not) is gonna hold hills as good as a wider machine. several have said they've experienced rutting issues, i have yet to see that but i only weigh 140lbs
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

first thing you need to do if worried about rutting is set tire pressures correctly. ensure that you're using the entire footprint. at the recommended 18psi it still looks like i've got about an inch on either side of the tire that i'm not using. wet a driveway and drive over it and see how much of the tire you are using, then lower pressure and check deck pitch accordingly
Old 04-25-2012, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good to hear we have no hills in South Jersey so we are lucky. But I think with the bigger tires on the rh then the stander that will help with the ruts.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We got two 36"RH units and mulch all the time. But when the crews have a choice of mowers they will take a hydro WB every time. The contrls are jerky no dampning but people usually get used to that. Our guys always sit because tree limbs on smaller yard are usually low. now when it comes to putting a hydro belt it is a killer....I finally figured out to unbolt the deck. Same procedure for getting to hydos. The 17hp Kaw is a loser in my mind it leaks oil from every possible place and if you don't keep it sealed up it
will take the engine out due to overheating. But I think it is the best of the stander units unless the scag vride proves to be better.