Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-14-2012, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone able to see inventory at their local Lesco's using the new John Deere Landscapes site? The old website was great. I had favorite lists of products I purchase regularly and I could check stock of my local stores and see pricing.

The only this this new website has is a PDF of the catalog that doesn't really have anything in it.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Try this -> http://www.aatdirectsolutions.com/
Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Member

JDL Alternative

Try this -> www.aatdirectsolutions.com
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Valley Green, one of their competitors is planning to do a major upgrade on their website this winter I'm told. I recently did some work for their founder and president at one of his houses. At this point they rely on sales staff for taking orders...not sure if that will change.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

IMHO if you are depended on Lesco as your main supplier, you are not much of a businessman. Here is why.

The Lesco Business Plan was in trouble from the start. They build a business on the 7-11 concept of a store in every town with higher prices. They tried to compete with centeralized Warehouse operations Like Helena and Agrium who deliver direct to your shop at warehouse prices.

I love Lesco because they are Right on the corner just like my 7-11. Anytime I need a product today, Lesco is my store. But when I stock the shelves I buy from the Warehouse guys who deliver every Tuesday and Friday at Warehouse Prices.

An example was the quart of Conserve SC I purchased the other day. Lesco priced it at $ 160.00 My supplier deliveried to my Shop for $ 121.57. That is a 25% price decrease.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Darryl Agrium AT has a rep in CT - look at the website or send me an e-mail and I will get you his contact info.

Ric gave a pretty good JDL discription. A JDL rep told me last week there may be a few other changes coming their way in January. If he was telling me the truth - YIKES.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't do apps. I just need bulk seed and starter fertilizer on occasion. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbock View Post
Darryl Agrium AT has a rep in CT - look at the website or send me an e-mail and I will get you his contact info.

Ric gave a pretty good JDL discription. A JDL rep told me last week there may be a few other changes coming their way in January. If he was telling me the truth - YIKES.
Let me add that If I call one of the Warehouse supplier with a question they give me the cell phone number of their college grad salesman expert in that area. If they can't answer my question, They give me the Manufactures Reps Cell phone number etc etc. My local Lesco store has some very good guys, but they are not experts in every area. They are there for the uninformed Homeowner.

The day I quit buying from Lesco was many years ago when I purchased 20 bags of Weed & Feed from Lesco. I drove a block away to Home depot to find the same Product Number on a Bag of Weed & Feed for $ 2.00 less than I just paid Lesco. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO YOU?????

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
An example was the quart of Conserve SC I purchased the other day.
Damn Ric, that's a tree hugger product!!

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 10-03-2012, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Damn Ric, that's a tree hugger product!!
Slow Dog

Nothing wrong with Hugging the occasional Tree as long as you don't make it your only love.

BTW I just got your Invoice by E mailn about 10 minutes ago. Look for payment, I am mailing a check today. But don't let the Unwashed Masses Know I Buy any of the Organic Crap you sell. It would ruin My reputation and hurt yours.