Register free!

Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-16-2015, 11:38 PM
DVS Hardscaper's Avatar
DVS Hardscaper DVS Hardscaper is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: County Jail
Posts: 5,972
Please share your thoughts on the 2015 Techo Showcase Here

If you attendeded, Please share your thoughts about the 2015 Taco-bloc showcase. How was the door hanger lecture this year?
__________________
"It's You vs. You"

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"


My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2015, 01:00 AM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,308
Can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2015, 09:10 AM
ReddensLawnCare ReddensLawnCare is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,580
Going on Tuesday
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-17-2015, 09:17 AM
oqueoque oqueoque is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 798
I did not go to Mars. I am waiting until it is closer.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2015, 12:35 PM
blakescape blakescape is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
If you attendeded, Please share your thoughts about the 2015 Taco-bloc showcase. How was the door hanger lecture this year?
Haha yeah those door hangers are garbage. Once they get past the bs of why you should buy their flyers, I like going for three reasons:
1.) $100 certificate for the one job I'll use their expensive product.
2.) Free lunch
3.) Free jacket that is perfect for work, since I don't want to get grease on any jackets I paid for.

They will show some new products and when Paver Pedro isn't rambling on about being the self proclaimed master of installing Taco-bloc products, he is a good salesman. He's like the Billy Mays of the Hardscape world, so you have the entertainment value there if nothing else.

I'll be taking a day off my engr job to go with my project manager to the one in Dulles if I don't have to get any site plans out on a deadline.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2015, 02:14 PM
PaperCutter PaperCutter is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakescape View Post

I'll be taking a day off my engr job to go with my project manager to the one in Dulles if I don't have to get any site plans out on a deadline.
who else in the NoVA area is going to the Dulles one? I'll be there.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2015, 06:21 PM
DVS Hardscaper's Avatar
DVS Hardscaper DVS Hardscaper is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: County Jail
Posts: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device
Please take video and upload to YouTube
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:04 PM
DVS Hardscaper's Avatar
DVS Hardscaper DVS Hardscaper is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: County Jail
Posts: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakescape View Post
Haha yeah those door hangers are garbage. Once they get past the bs of why you should buy their flyers, I like going for three reasons:
1.) $100 certificate for the one job I'll use their expensive product.
2.) Free lunch
3.) Free jacket that is perfect for work, since I don't want to get grease on any jackets I paid for.

They will show some new products and when Paver Pedro isn't rambling on about being the self proclaimed master of installing Taco-bloc products, he is a good salesman. He's like the Billy Mays of the Hardscape world, so you have the entertainment value there if nothing else.

I'll be taking a day off my engr job to go with my project manager to the one in Dulles if I don't have to get any site plans out on a deadline.

Blake - you will be the only engineer in the class, please keep Pedro in line when he starts talking about, well, what does he talk about other than himself?
__________________
"It's You vs. You"

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"


My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:12 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,308
Are you going or did you get banned?
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:36 PM
DVS Hardscaper's Avatar
DVS Hardscaper DVS Hardscaper is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: County Jail
Posts: 5,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Are you going or did you get banned?
I'm still on their mailing list!

Last Time I went was 2, or 3 yrs ago. Pedro would not even look at me! LOL. No, I'm not going. Its a group of over-weight former lawn jockeys, with their Nextel Direct Connects chirpin like they're important members of society.
__________________
"It's You vs. You"

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"


My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Page generated in 0.07218 seconds with 10 queries