Register free!

Old 11-01-2013, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oops, can't figure out how to upload pics from my phone. Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-18-2013, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This wall was just finished this summer, very quality
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2013, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

No Corners cut here.....I guess this is how to save money on commercial bids. They have been renovating a lot of Tim Horton's stores around town and all are done like this....
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2013, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmore.Landscaping View Post
They have been renovating a lot of Tim Horton's stores around town and all are done like this....
Maybe they're making a ton of money too........ Yea it may be wrong or not the most aesthetic way but to the average Tim Hortons consumer, who cares more about their coffee and bagel, it's probably one of the best things they've ever seen. Now before anyones head blows off I agree that everything should be done to the best possible standard. But go look in their bathrooms, or any commercial site for that matter. Look at the tile work. Probably crooked tiles, uneven lines, subpar grouting..... I can't imagine it'll hurt Tim Hortons sales and the next large franchise will ask who did the work giving that company more business. Sometimes if it just looks ok to that consumer maybe that business is fine with it because their coffee and baked goods makes them money, not their interior hardscape.... Kind of the scenario where maybe you don't use the absolute newest and best plate compactor because your current rusty one gets the job done the same. You could have that new $10,000 piece of machinery but if it does the same job it's not helping your sales.

Sorry guys. I agree with you that perfection is what we are striving for and will continue to do. And some of these jobs, ouch! But maybe this contractor has 200 Tim Hortons lined up for the year increasing their sales......
Old 11-18-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLLandscape View Post
Maybe they're making a ton of money too........ Yea it may be wrong or not the most aesthetic way but to the average Tim Hortons consumer, who cares more about their coffee and bagel, it's probably one of the best things they've ever seen. Now before anyones head blows off I agree that everything should be done to the best possible standard. But go look in their bathrooms, or any commercial site for that matter. Look at the tile work. Probably crooked tiles, uneven lines, subpar grouting..... I can't imagine it'll hurt Tim Hortons sales and the next large franchise will ask who did the work giving that company more business. Sometimes if it just looks ok to that consumer maybe that business is fine with it because their coffee and baked goods makes them money, not their interior hardscape.... Kind of the scenario where maybe you don't use the absolute newest and best plate compactor because your current rusty one gets the job done the same. You could have that new $10,000 piece of machinery but if it does the same job it's not helping your sales.

Sorry guys. I agree with you that perfection is what we are striving for and will continue to do. And some of these jobs, ouch! But maybe this contractor has 200 Tim Hortons lined up for the year increasing their sales......

Ummm..... I'm not quite sure you're quite grasping the spirit of this thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 11-18-2013, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Evidently not
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLLandscape View Post
Evidently not
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice comeback.
However, i realize that the corner cutting hacks will always get a lot of work.
On the other hand, although i'm still learning and may not do everything completely correct,I can simply not bring my self to do something i know to be wrong to save money. I will always look down on people who do.

Evidently so.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 11-19-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well with all that said I respect McDonalds for having the contractor doing it properly. And really thats what it comes down too, I am not sure how the specs reads from the architect but if this was any jobs we did I know we would get flack for it, commercial or not.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2013, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not a hardscaper but I saw this gem and thought I would post it
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2013, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can you find it?
Attached Images

Tags
bad , hacks , idiots , wrong